Chapter 107: Durian quest

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Kazuma: ... I honestly have no idea what is happening right now...

"Just go with the flow. This right here is a peaceful, no-stress situation, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts."

Megumin: ... Huh, Kazuma, you're up ? Are you here for breakfast ?

Kazuma: I've been here for a while, didn't you notice me ?!

Komekko: Onee-chan Onee-chan, your boyfriend is finally here. Can we got to the guild now ?

Megumin: K- Komekko ! Uh... Could you stop calling him "Onee-chan's boyfriend" ?!

"The guild huh ? Been a while since I visited, I guess it wouldn't do harm."

Aqua: Right, so Komekko wants to go there ? Since you're interested, why not let this famous Onee-san take you there ?

Darkness: That's right. I had returned here to start from zero, to keep doing quests. Taking Komekko along with me while we look for suitable quests isn't a bad idea. By the way, why would you want to go there anyway ? That's no place for fooling around.

Komekko: ... I want to visit the guild to see how strong Onee-chan is.

'... ... Awwwwwww...'

Megumin: H- Huh... Hummmm...

Komekko: In her recent letters, Onee-chan told me that she is well-respected within the guild. People would often compliment her and bow own at the mere sight of her.

"... ... i'm gonna pre-heat the popcorn~."

Kazuma: ... Hey.

Megumin: Gh- ! K- Komekko, why don't you go play in the yard ? You can meet Emperor Zel in the pen there. Besides, it must've been a while since you last played with Chomusuke, right ? So take her with you and go feed Emperor Zel.

Komekko: Understood ! I'll feed it 'till it's super fat !

Kazuma: ... ... Hey.

Megumin: It's not what it looks like. Let me explain, this matter has deep history... That's right, it dates back to when I first left the Crimson Village...

"That's... Nothing earth-shattering to speak of. You were just boasting and posturing in the letters you sent to your family. Nothing to write home about."

Kazuma: Uuuuuurg...

Megumin: I wish I had another way. Should my parents become too worried, they might come take me back, that'd be terrible news. Plus, without me, wouldn't Kazuma also be distraught ?

Kazuma: No, uh... Eh ? If Megumin gets taken away... ?

Megumin: Oi.

Aqua: I'd very much be distraught if Megumin left ! Because that way, I'd have to remake the chore distribution charts and do even more work ! On top of that, I'd have one less friend to play with !

"You're single-handedly making my construction and landscaper business successful, so you better stay here and keep hurling these explosions around."

Megumin: Urk- !

Darkness: L- Let's put that aside for now. You'd better tell Komekko the truth first. Since you can't hide it forever, confessing sooner than later could save you a lot of trouble.