Chapter 68: Rules of festival

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Announcer: Citizens of Axel, are you ready for this long-awaited day ? I officially announce the start of the Goddesses Eris and Aqua Thanksgiving Festival !!

Crowd: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH !!

Kazuma: Urg... It's already morning...

Megumin: Good morning, Kazuma. Everyone got up early today,including Aqua and Darkness.

Kazuma: No, I didn't get up early, I was playing games all night. By the way, everyone's up ? I don't see anyone, where'd they go ?

Megumin: Aqua was too excited to sleep last night, so she went out at dawn. And after I told Darkness that Aqua was gone, she rushed out as well, saying she wants to keep an eye on Axis cultists so they don't do anything stupid. As for Y/n, he's been up all night setting up security.

Kazuma: That girl sure is busy after becoming the temporary lord. Megumin, are you going to the festival ?

Megumin: No. I intend to visit Yunyun, who's probably about to cry over the fact that she has nobody to got o the festival with. I'll walk around before her, but I won't invite her along, to mess with her feelings. Kazuma, want to come along ?

Kazuma: Y- You're... Just go with her to the festival. I'll take a short nap until evening, then I'll visit the festive stalls.

Megumin: I don't think that can be considered a short nap anymore... By the way, Kazuma, are you free on the third night of the festival ?

Kazuma: the third day ? I'll probably be roaming around, visiting the stalls or something. Why ?

Megumin: Nothing. there's a fireworks display on the third day. Since the festival's held in conjunction with Axis cultists, i'm not sure if we can get to the third day safely. Then again, I can't be sure that there'll definitely be an accident... If it's all good, do you want to watch the fireworks with me ?

Kazuma: ... ... Fireworks ? 'Going to the festival and watching fireworks with a girl... What is that ? Has my youth arrived ?!'

"For the last time, you can't sell these without a permit ! For pity's sake, you guys are the reason I had to double up on security !"

Cecily: What do you mean by "These things" ? This is the stall carefully planned by Aqua-sama. How dare you insult it !

Kazuma: Okay, what is happening now... And, huh...

 And, huh