Chapter 117: Pay up

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"L... Let go of me... Now."

Darkness: Aren't we close friends ? You shouldn't be so harsh. Come on, let's go. You too, guys.

Aqua: NOOOO !! Please, Darkness, let me go ! Kazuma-san ! Kazuma-san ! Please do something !!

Kazuma: I- I'd like to ! But I can't move !

Aqua: ... What ? How ?!

 What ? How ?!

Kazuma: ... ... ... No... No you didn't...

Adventurers: I- I can't move ! What's happening here ?!

"... Come on, we're friends, aren't we ? And friends stick together, no matter the circumstances..."

Kazuma: D- Don't look at me with that bittersweet smile ! Come on, think of something ! There has to be something you can do !! Teleport away of something !

"... We all worked hard together... let's all fall together..."

 Aqua: KAZUMAAAAAAAA !! HE'S LOOKING WITH HIS DEAD EYES !! THERE'S SKELETONS EVERYWHERE !!

Kazuma: Hey Aqua, cast your buff magic on us ! The ones that boost strength and speed ! If you cast it on us we'll be able to break free and escape !

"... ... If you so wish... Aqua, I'll let you go. You may flee as you wish. At this point, my summons would have most likely filled the whole city already. All you have to do is avoid getting caught by them."

Kazuma: You underhanded bastard ! Hey, Aqua, this is just a trick to divide us ! Don't listen to him, hurry up and buff me !

Aqua: ... ... ... So-sorry, Kazuma, I think my chance of escaping will be higher if there's someone else to occupy him... Plus, if you were to escape, the third richest adventurer in this town will probably be me. If that were to happen, the number of tax collectors chasing after me would increase...