Chapter 129: Let them cook

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Alright everyone, thank you very much for your hard work ! Please come and claim the sacks you filled up ! Don't forget to put your name on them !"

Wiz: My debts... My debts...

Kazuma: So in the end, you did provide support... Guess you didn't even need to take part in the digging after all...

"Hey, the Windings Corporation is sponsoring the Adventurer guild. I have to provide some support. By the way, you guys pile is that way, and- YOU LOT KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THAT CARGO THAT INSTANT !!"

Chara: Gah !

"Swear to Eris... Hey Paps, you can dome down now ! The sun will soon set down !"

Papyrus: Your concern is appreciated, but do not worry ! I, the Great Papyrus, will clean up the shell by that !

"It's a literal mountain ! Get down before the tortoise goes back underground !"

Vanir: Ah, dear associate, how glad Moi is ! This month's rent isn't some kind of joke, it's a matter of life or death ! I hope you are satisfied with that, useless shopkeep ! Hurry up and clear some of your debts !

"... You know you can always ask for a bigger part of the corporation's profits, right ? I've got so much money I doubt I could even spend it all..."

Kazuma: Hmm... Seeing the thing still so covered with rocks is making me feel bitter... Like we're leaving the thing half-done.

"... Yeah, I can see that... We can see some of the original shell through it, but... Now it has a weird look to it..."

Kazuma: ... Say, Megumin, can you do something for me ?

Megumin: ... Eeh ?! A- Are you sure ? Well, I haven't used my Explosion yet today, and it's certainly a suitable target for my one day, one Explosion routine...

"Uhh... Are you sure about this ? The Treasure island may be a docile and peaceful creature, but if you just blast it with Explosion, it might just anger it enough to attack... That and the unspoken rule amongst adventurers to never attack it..."

Kazuma: Well, it's just my intuition, but the Treasure island won't get angry. If anything, it'll probably be elated. It'll be fine as long as you follow my instructions and don't hit it directly. So please, Megumin.

Megumin: ... I'm not responsible for what happens after this, okay ? And even an Explosion artisan like me might slip up sometimes.

"Not even gonna question when you went from Archwizard to Artisan..."

Aqua: Heh ? Wait, what are you doing- ?

Megumin: EXPLOSION !!

*SCHBROOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

"The rocks are flying everywhere ! Didn't you think of that ?! And the Tortoise is looking our way now !"

Megumin: Eep !

Kazuma: D- Don't worry, it'll be fine... The treasure island surfaces every ten years to sun its shell... But if that's the case, there wouldn't be any need for it to always appear near a town...

"Wait, you mean... It's like a turtle wanting to get its shell cleaned by all these little fishes ? It's heading back to the hole, and the sun hasn't even set yet..."