Chapter 160: Obsession

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Eris: That world is currently facing a crisis ! At this rate, it's highly possible that the Demon King really will end up wiping out humanity ! Please listen to me !

"... That might end up being a bit of an issue..."

*Cockadodledooo !!*

"... And on the other hand, there's that issue too."

*Cocka ! Cockadodledooo !*

Aqua: No, Emperor Zell! You shouldn't make noise right now! That man has been saying a lot of stuff about turning you into dinner as of late! He'll do it! A man as brutish as Kazuma-san will really do it! So please go back to your quiet and gentle self! Seeing your unruly side is quite beautiful too, but you can't make such a fuss this early in the morning. We need your power as a dragon to take down the Demon King, so before you grow big enough to fly us all the way to the Demon King's castle, you need to quietly build up your power.

Zell: Cockadodledooo !

Aqua: No, Emperor Zell, please be quiet !

Kazuma: Oh shut up ! What are you doing so early on the morning ?! Keep it down already ! Wasn't he supposed to take a long time to grow up because of his high mana ?! When did he suddenly become a rooster ?!

Aqua: Emperor Zell is a life-form steeped in mystery ! He's a dragon, after all. He must have gotten fired up over fighting the Demon King and awakened to some kind of mysterious power !

"What kind of nonsense are you saying now ? Make that chicken shut up, or he'll be nuggets within a week."

Aqua: Emperor, I'll stop these fiends, so hurry up and run ! Don't worry about me, just run ! Live free and grow strong ! Once you're fully grown, we'll go fight the demon king together ! Be careful of the butcher on the third street !

Zell: Cocka cock... !

Aqua: Aah, Emperor Zell ! Are you saying you won't leave me alone ? Very well, let's face down that fiend together ! As your mother, i'll definitely protect you !

"While I have no problem with you raising a chicken or being delusional enough to think he's a dragon, the least you could do is not put his coop right under the bedrooms ! Move it away !"

Aqua: Then, will you promise not to say stuff like turning him into dinner and such ?

"Only French can willingly eat rooster, it's way more tough than regular chicken..."

Kazuma: ... Still, are you still going on about the Demon King ? Just give up on him already. The last General, the Demon King's daughter, is still hanging around his castle, and so are a whole bunch of elite monsters. Just leave that kind of dangerous stuff to the actually strong people and enjoy our lives here. Don't worry, someone will definitely take care of it. We should be enjoying our lives now that we have fame and fortune.

Aqua: This is why Japanese that are used to peace are... Why do you always think of this as someone else's problem ? It's because of your naive way of thinking that you end up dying more often than a guy playing spelunker. Leave such thoughts back on Earth. Right now, this world is at war. The Demon King's daughter is about to lead a large army against the capital, right ? And there's still a chance that they will attack this town...