Chapter 7: Doki Doki Waku Waku

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: Slow down, Kazuma, I saw that meat first ! Here, the vegetable on this side's done, so eat it instead !

Kazuma: Eat it yourself, dammit ! This meat's mine !

Aqua: After the cabbage hunt, I don't like eating vegetables anymore. I'm afraid of the vegetable flying off somewhere if I grill it.

"Okay, I don't mind doing a little barbecue while we're camping outside like that... ... But why in a cemetery, though ? I mean, I know we took on a quest to hunt down a zombie maker, but this isn't the scenery I'd imagine."

Kazuma: For a quest ?

"For a picnic. I mean, I'm literally sitting against a grave right now."

Darkness: it's not so bad. That zombie maker is a small fry anyway, so even if I don't have my armor, it should be no problem.

"To be perfectly honest, as long as it does help us in taking it out, that you're enjoying getting... 'plowed' by the enemy doesn't really matter."

Darkness: AHHHNNNnnnnn~...

"But that, not a fan, please don't do it too much."

Megumin: Um, Kazuma ? Can you give me some water ? I feel like you're more proficient than me in using magic. No one uses basic spells, but you make it look convenient.

Kazuma: Is that so ? But isn't this the way to use basic spells ? "Create Water", "Tinder"... And also that one, Create earth ! What's this one used for ?

"I heard crops that grows in magical Earth like that are of particularly high quality."

Aqua: What, Kazuma wants to plow the land ? Are you changing class to a farmer ? You could use Create water for the plants too ! This job's a great fit for you, Puhehehe !!

Kazuma: ... Wind Breath !!

aqua: AHHH !! M- MY EYES !! DIRT IN MY EYES !!

"So that's how you use that spell..."

Aqua: No, normal people don't use it that way ! And why are you using basic spells better than a mage ?!

"Because he actually puts his back-bone into it ?"

Aqua: It's getting cold. Hey, our quest's to take down the zombie maker, right ? I have a feeling it won't be a small fry, but a big shot undead.

"Seriously, we're doing this to make you level up, the least you could do is remembering what we're doing."

Kazuma: Don't say such ominous things. What if you really jinx the quest ? Our quest for the day's to defeat the Zombie maker and return the zombies to dust. We can then go back to the stables and sleep. We'll also go back immediately if anything out of the ordinary happens. Understand ?

"We're a group of adventurers investigating undead creatures and evil spirits in the middle of the night. Please define what would be something ordinary in that situation."

Kazuma: Wait a second, I feel a strong presence...

"Enemy detection ? Ready to blast."