Chapter 12: So no head ?

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: HEEEEEEEEEEEH ?! WH- WHYYY ?!

"What now AGAIN ? Aqua, we told you you could keep the entirety of the reward, so what is the cause of yet another tantrum this time ?"

Aqua: Didn't I tell you, the cage I borrowed from you wasn't damaged by me ! It was that Mitsurugi guy who bent the bars ! Why do I have to pay for it ?!

"Oh, so it's about that."

Kazuma: That guy did bend the bars in attempt to save Aqua without getting the fulls story.

Aqua: Uuuuuuuh... The bounty this time, after deducing the compensation for the broken cage, was only 100,000 Eris... the staff said that the cage was made from a special process and material, so it cost 200,000... Next time I see that man, I'll definitely give him a God Blow ! And get him to cough up the compensation for the cage !

"Sounds like fun to me. You do that, just try not to kill the guy."

Kazuma: I thought you'd be the first one to try and blast him away.

"Obliterating someone just because I don't like them, although quite appealing concerning that guy specifically, don't you think that'd put me on the same level as said aforementioned guy ?"

Kazuma: Yeah, maybe. Think we ever gonna meet the guy ?

"This is really easy to do, Kazuma. Remember ? Whenever one of us announced something out loud, it happened. That is called the second great law of jinxing. To put it simply, remarking out loud that a certain something is extremely unlikely to happen will make said thing happen immediately. Even more if it's negative."

Kazuma: I think I'm starting to get it...

"Want an example ? Hrm, 'Man, wouldn't it be weird if a piano suddenly fell on top of my head ? Luckily there's no way that'd happen here, right ?'."

Kazuma: I don't think that's how it work-

Mover: Are you okay ? I'm sorry, a customer requested that we put a piano in his room !

"I'm fine ! Got a concussion, but fine..."

Kazuma: That works really good...

"It does. But remember, if you want something good to happen, it's not nearly as effective. But who knows, with your out-of-chart luck, maybe you can pull that off."

Kazuma: So if we want that guy to show up, all we have to do is say out loud how unlikely that'd be ?

"Correct. Would be a serious odd occurrence, wouldn't you agree ?"

Kazuma: Yes, what would be the possibility of that actually happening ?

Kyouya: So that's where you are ! I had a hard time finding you, Satou Kazuma !

Kazuma: Dude, that second law is insane ! What's the first one about ?

"Remember when Megumin said how good it'd be if the lake quest ended peacefully, and we immediately got attacked by alligators ? That's the first law. Talk about how good something would be, the opposite will immediately occur. In our current situation, had you said you never wanted to meet that guy again, the result would've been the same, him showing up immediately."