Chapter 98: Iris Septim

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Megumin: Now then, we're about to confront a strong enemy, so why don't we take a break for now ? Iris, I'll teach you about what you need to be aware of when resting in the wilderness. First, do not light a fire in the habitat of brutal monsters, so as to not draw their attention...

Aqua: Kazuma-san, Kazuma-san, can you Tinder this for me ? I want to drink some delicious black tea.

"Pretty sure you're gonna drink some bland hot water if we let you do it."

Kazuma: You brought a tea set with you ? You really can't be helped huh. Make a cup for me, alright ?

Megumin: UWAAAAAAAHHH !!

Aqua: Waaaah ! Hey, Megumin, what are you doing ? Why did you put out the fire ?!

Megumin: Don't you "What are you doing" me ! If you light a fire in this place, won't you attract monsters ?! Ever since I started lecturing her, you guys... !

"I'm pretty sure if you start yelling so loudly, things will notice us waaay quicker..."

Kazuma: i'm picking up something from my Enemy Detection. Hey, something's coming !

Aqua: It's all because Megumin Shouted so loudly !

"I'll have to agree with her on that one."

Megumin: It's my fault ?! Yes, I totally caused this situation to happen, didn't I ?! I'm so sorry ! I might've apologized, but I'm not satisfied with this, ok ?!

*BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Kazuma: It's coming !!

Dragon: GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

"... Okay, i'm no expert but... Aren't the golden dragons like, really bad news ?"

Aqua: Guys, we've hit the jackpot ! This is a golden dragon, and amongst all types of dragons, this has the highest sale price ! If you eat its meat you'll jump levels in one go, you can make rare potions from its blood, and you can even make skill-up potions from ingredients made from its parts. You could probably even make highest-quality weapons and gear from its hard scales and horns. It's practically a mountain of treasure !

"Yeah, only this mountain fights back !"

Darkness: Lady Iris ! I will draw the dragon's attention, so please attack it from a safe position ! i'm not good at attacking, so... !

Kazuma: Alright Megumin, begin chanting explosion magic ! Ideally, I don't want you to shatter such a precious dragon with your Explosion Magic, but if Iris has any trouble, don't hesitate to release it ! Aqua, use your magic to support Iris and Darkness ! I will attack it from a distance using my bow !

Megumin: U- U- U- U-, understood... ! W- W- What, it's just a d- d- d- d- dragon, before my Explosion magic, it's not d- d- d- different from a mere lizard... !

"Guess our main DPS is shaking in her boots... I'll charge the shot, So get ready to scramble before I crack it."

Kazuma: Try not to go for the Summoned bone dragon this time ! We don't want something blocking the shot !

Aqua: Hey you skimping NEET, don't just tickle the dragon with your bow and arrows and try to be useful !

Darkness: Come, golden Dragon ! I'll let you witness the power of the Dustiness house who are called the Shield of the Kingdom !