Chapter 32: Kotatsu Killer Kazuma

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: NOOOOOOOOOOOO !! No way ! I'm not going !!

Megumin: But you have to ! We need to go on a quest eventually !

Darkness: She's right. Monsters are causing more trouble as it gets hotter out.

Aqua: It's still cold outside !! If you guys want to go so badly, then go !!

"You've done nothing but laze around this winter ! You need to work ! Otherwise..."

 All: You'll end up like him

All: You'll end up like him. You want that ?

Aqua: ... Even I don't want to be like that... But you should take care of that bum before talking about me !

Megumin: M- Maybe you should come out too, Kazuma, you're a bad influence on Aqua...

Kazuma: No way, no how.

"... Vanir, i'm holding you part responsible for this..."

*About that Kotatsu... After Vanir the Demon king's general was defeated, and the debt was cleared... That very same Vanir brought an... idea, to Kazuma.*

Vanir: I have a proposition for you, boy !

Kazuma: What'd you call me here out of the blue for anyway ? Trying to tempt me ?

Vanir: Oh, don't say that. You'll be glad you heard me out. My all-seeing eye shows me... That you and your friend are not from this world.

Kazuma: Huh ?! N- No, I just...

Vanir: Ha ha ha ! You needn't fuss. I care not either way. I would rather talk about the level of development I saw ! It seems you come from quite an advanced world. Therein lies my idea !

Vanir: perhaps you could build useful items from that world and sell them in this shop. I'll work out the production and distribution processes. What did I tell you ? Not bad, huh ?

Kazuma: Guh ?!

Vanir: How's this for your cut ?

Kazuma: Hmmm. Gotta admit, that's attractive. But build things ? I'm not that handy...

Vanir: No problem ! You're of the adventurer class, you can learn all kinds of skills. Have the blacksmith teach you the "Smith" ability. It makes you better at all kinds of production, not just metalworking.

Vanir: We can start small. Bring me a prototype when you have one. I'll be waiting !