Chapter 51: Good thief

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Claire: What kind of occasion ?

"The good thief only attacking the rotten nobles... I'm pretty sure uncovering their identity, would make for quite the good story... These kind of things have always been liked."

Claire: ... ... Well. If you manage to bring something like that to the light... I suppose it wouldn't be far-fetched to invite you to the castle again once in a while to tell these tales...

Kazuma: ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Darkness: What have you done ?

"What now ?"

Darkness: Just see for yourself...

Kazuma: That "Good thief" has been terrorizing the city, targeting nobles and stuff ! Yours truly is gonna bring that crook to justice !!

Claire: What ?!

"... Of course he was eavesdropping... "

Claire: But, why would he jump at that kind of occasion... I thought he preferred not to trouble himself...

"He... I'm pretty sure he just wants an access to the castle..."

Darkness: get it together, Kazuma. This is no time for your jokes...

Kazuma: I couldn't be more serious. As a close personal friend of a noble, this thief is my enemy ! If I don't stop them, you yourself could be their next target-

Darkness: Hey ! My family hasn't done anything to deserve to be targeted by the good thief !

Kazuma: Listen well ! I say a "Good Thief" is still a thief and must not be allowed to roam free ! Truly, it must be fate that has brought us, vanquishers of the Demon King's Generals, to your city !

"Leave me out of your speech, please."

Kazuma: And now, I shall apply all my powers to cracking this case !

Nobles: Wonderful ! Truly, house Dustiness is blessed with stalwart companions ! Err, not that I have anything to dear from the good thief, of course !

Baron: Vanquishers of the Demon King's Generals ? I'm sure you can bag a thief in an afternoon... Though, I've never been this thief's target myself.

Duke: I've never done anything particularly underhanded either, but the capture of a thief can only be a good thing !

'... Gee, eager bunch.'

Kazuma: 'But if I do this job, I could earn the right to lounge around the castle too... !'

"... ... Haaaa... ... Well ?"

Claire: He has such... Conviction. let's see what he can do... Stake out the house of someone you expect to be targeted.

"... ... ... I know e-xa-ct-ly who to choose."

Alderp: ...And so you immediately came here. Lady Dustiness, do you agree with this man that I am one of those wretched creatures apt to be targeted by this chief ?