Chapter 81: Strategically withdrawing

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Kazuma: Alright. Let's start deciding our future plans.

"Let me guess, you want to get the Hfil out of here as soon as possible ?"

Darkness: What future plans ? I just met the commander of this fort and told him we have experience in defeating a number of Demon King Generals, so he relinquished his command authority to us.

Kazuma: 'WHY DID YOU STIR MORE TROUBLE WHEN I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION ?!'

Kazuma: Listen, my original plan was to protect ourselves with the fort, and when the enemy showed up to do something, we'd launch a preemptive attack with Explosion. But actually, that General named Wolbach can also use Explosion magic.

Megumin: AH ?!

'... Explosion, huh... You wouldn't expect it, she seemed so frightened...'

Yunyun: Explosion ?! T- This is beyond my expectations... Thanks to Megumin, I know the might of this spell very well. To be honest, I don't know how to defend against it...

"Same here... And even if I can fly around and dodge the blast itself... The shockwave will most definitely get me..."

Darkness: It's fine, leave it to me ! I took the full brunt of an Explosion before ! I will be the bait. When the enemy shows an opening after casting her spell, use the chance to overwhelm her.

Megumin: ...

Kazuma: You don't have your armor right now. Even with Aqua's buffing spell, there's no guarantee that you will be safe.

Megumin: ... ...

Aqua: It is what it is. Even though we made a trip here, I think we should let that person proclaiming to be an evil God off. I am not being lenient, just that I have never heard about a minor evil god named Wolbach before. She is rather pitiful, right ?

Megumin: ... I AM MEGUMIN !! The number one mage in Axel, the one who pursue the ultimate Explosion spell ! The Demon King General who claims to be an evil God and is a user of Explosion Magic... ?! That's the worthy rival I've been looking for !

Yunyun: HUH ?!

Megumin: What do you mean by "Huh", only a user of Explosion Magic is worthy of being my rival. It would be just what I wished for if I die from her Explosion Magic ! Yes, I would have no regrets if I go out in such a grand way !

Yunyun: What nonsense are you saying ?! Aren't I Megumin's rival ?! Why did you promote a Demon King General you've never met before to a rival so easily ?!

Megumin: W- Why are you suddenly freaking out ?! What a troublesome child, if you want me to acknowledge you as my true rival, then learn Explosion magic. I will then take you along for my strolls every day.

Yunyun: I don't want to learn Explosion Magic, and I'm fine even if you go on that kind of stroll without me ! Our opponent this time can use Explosion ! Such an opponent...

Megumin: How dare you say you don't want to learn Explosion ?! Alright, I will treat this as a challenge against me and accept it ! It's been awhile since our last duel. If you lose, you will save your skill points until you can learn Explosion !

Yunyun: I- I don't want such a duel ! A duel that will decide the course of my life, I will never... Wait, Megumin, your eyes are turning red ! Are you serious ?! Hey, are you really serious ?!