Chapter 116: Greater Evil

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

Megumin: Kazuma, are you still awake ? Can I come in ?

Kazuma: Sure, i'm awake, but I don't really want to let you in. After all, the only reason you come here at this time is to play with my emotions and get my hopes up before leaving me with blue balls.

Megumin: the hell ? Don't make me sound like some sort of manipulative bitch ! I never tried to play with your emotions !

Kazuma: ... 'Well, then you're one hell of a temptress.' So, what's up ? Do you want me to keep you company while you sleep ?

Megumin: Indeed, I want to sleep with you tonight.

Kazuma: ... Look, I won't fall for the same trick again. i'm not like Aqua who never learns from experience. Don't think I'll just dumbly fall for your honeyed words just because I'm a teenage virgin.

Megumin: What are you talking about ? Weren't you the one who wanted to sleep with me tonight ? Did you forget what you said while we were playing with Sylphina ? Why are you so guarded ? You too have been sending me all kinds of signals lately, so what are you making a fuss for ?

Kazuma: I'm not making a fuss ! I'm just frustrated about being that typical male protagonist from a low-quality romcom who always gets cut-off mid-development. that's what's making me angry. i'm at my most active age, you know ? What do you find so funny about teasing an innocent virgin guy like me ? You should know that it's really painful for a guy to get into that kind of mood only for nothing to happen.

Megumin: Er, well, personally, I just wanted to convey my feelings and deepen our relationship. I didn't know that it would cause you pain. I- I apologize for that...

Kazuma: If you understand that, then leave. I was playing the videogame console I took from Aqua, and ll thanks to you saying such strange things, the character she treats like her son ended up dying. If I don't hurry up and make it back to where she was by tonight, she'll start screeching tomorrow morning.

Megumin: No, wait a second, I really have important things to say to you tonight, please don't chase me away ! Actually, if you keep treating me as less important than a game, I will really become angry !

Kazuma: What ? I don't really care about sleeping together or spending the night together anymore. I'd get all flustered and excited, and it'd end up being little more than a prolonged mental torture session for a young man like me. I'd rather sleep alone than be blue-balled at the last moment again.

Megumin: ... Sure, it's my fault to leave you hanging after getting your hopes up, but I really didn't expect you to make such a big fuss over it... No, okay, let's put aside the issue of sleeping together for now. Can we just chat for a while ?

Your POV:

Aqua: Give him back ! The Schneider that I carefully groomed and raised... Return him to me, you shitty NEET !

Kazuma: I made it back to where you were before, so give it a rest already ! I can't help it if he's dead ! Schneider has gone to another world and is doing just fine. Who knows, he might even have defeated the Demon King and be having a parade thrown in his honor right now.

Aqua: ... Really ? Is Schneider really doing fine in another world ?

Kazuma: yeah, he is, he has built up a harem of beautiful girls and is living quite happily, so don't worry about him.