Chapter 5: Underground team

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"The... the Great papyrus... ?"

Papyrus: Correct ! But please, just call me Papyrus ! Or Paps, that's how my friends call me !

"Oh, um... Alright then-"

Papyrus: Ah ! I didn't expected it to be so late already !! I'm sorry for I must go, but I look forward to meeting you again !

"Um, yeah... Sure... What just happened... ?"

Luna: All right, everything's in order. I've confirmed that your team has finished the quest of defeating 5 giant frogs in 3 days. Good work.

Kazuma: 'One of the frogs was disintegrated because of the explosion magic, but it doesn't seem to affect the completion of the quest...'

"Hey, where are Aqua and Megumin ?"

Kazuma: I shooed them to the bath, what do you expect ?! They were covered in slime. Speaking of, what took you so long ?

"You left me unconscious in the middle of a road. What happened next... Was extremely confusing..."

Kazuma: Oh ?

Luna: Excuse me for the wait, here are your reward. Turning in 2 giant frogs, in addition to receiving the bounty for completing the quest, comes to a total of 110,000 Eris (1027 $). Please take this.

"So 5000 Eris (46 $) for a frog, plus 100,000 (934 $) for the quest itself... Not counting that... Bargaining, Megumin did, defeating 5 frogs would bring us 25,000 eris (233 $) each.

Kazuma: finishing the quest in one day for a daily salary of 25,000 eris would seem like a good deal, but the risk involved just isn't worth it.

"Had another frog shown up at this very moment... I prefer not even think about it."

Kazuma: Anyway, we should probably try to find another quest already.

*Cut down the evil trees corrupting the forest, bounty's dependent on the amount turned in.*

*Help me look for my pet white wolf.*

*My son's swordsmanship lesson (requirement: Rune knight or sword master.*

*Recruiting subject for magic practice (Requirement: High HP or strong magic resistance).*

"Yep... It won't be easy to survive in this world..."

Kazuma: Rethinking everything, returning to Japan seems more appealing... And it's only our second day of adventuring.

???: Excuse me, may I ask... ?

Kazuma: What is it... ?

 ?