Chapter 148: Dating Start !

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Darkness: Oh, hey, Kazuma, it's your rival.

Kazuma: What are you talking about ? The undefeated me has no rivals. Though, he does seem familiar somehow...

"And once more, just classic Kazuma happening again..."

Darkness: D- Did you really forget about him ? He's... Umm, I think his name was...

Mitsurugi: It's Mitsurugi ! I thought the lady of the Dustiness family was the most normal out of the bunch, but to think that you would forget my name too... !

"To be fair, Didn't you only meet once a year and a half ago ?"

Kazuma: Yo, it's been some time. How've you been ? Anyway, I'm in a rush, so...

Mitsurugi: Hold it ! Why are you acting like you are avoiding me ?!

Kazuma: Well, it's not like we are that close. Plus, it'd b a bother if we get into a fight every time we meet.

Mitsurugi: W- Well, that's true, but... No, more importantly, what are you doing here ? The monsters around the Crimson Demon Village aren't creatures someone of your level can handle.

"Please, don't remind me of that horror show we went through back then... I'm glad we didn't take the scenic route and just teleported straight in..."

Kazuma: Y- Yeah... Actually, a friend or ours is undertaking the Chieftain's trial in this village, so I came here to help out. What about you ? What are you doing here ?

Mitsurugi: Well, this might sound crazy, but a divine relic of mine ran away... He left a note and went on a journey... Haha, it's fine to laugh if you feel like it...

"A relic ran away... Man, first your sword and now that, you should try locking them up, don't you think ?"

Darkness: Seems like you're pretty worn out... There's a hot springs around here, so take your time and recuperate... And, um, don't push yourself, okay ?

Mitsurugi: Hehe, it's only natural that you don't believe me... The truth is, the Goddess Eris-sama appeared in my dreams. She entrusted me with a very important Divine relic and asked me to save the world with its power, but... One day, I woke up to a letter... "As you are right now, you are thoroughly unfit to wield me. You depends too much on the power of that Magic sword. As a divine relic, I too have my own matters to attend to. Set off on a journey to find me while I'm off tying up a few loose ends, and become stronger in the process ! i'll be waiting for you. Now, Hero, rise up to the challenge"... ...

"... A Divine relic gifted by Eris running away with that attitude... Why does that seem familiar to me... ?"

Mitsurugi: Afterwards, I've heard that there's a skilled fortune teller in the Crimson Demon Village, so I came here to ask her to look into the Divine relic's whereabouts... But she probably thinks I'm pulling her leg to... She told me that he's sexually harassing the waitresses at the pub, but that's obviously facetious...

Kazuma: 'Wow, that fortune teller is very accurate indeed.'

Mitsurugi: Well, that's enough about me. It's a trial that the divine relic Eris bestowed upon me set before me. I didn't expect it to be so easy to overcome. Anyway, now that I've met you, I should pass on a warning.