Chapter 21: Destroyer

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Dust: Kazuma ! You guys ! You made it here !

Kazuma: Sorry we're late.

Dust: So you really came, huh ! We knew you would come !

"Yeah, we were kinda delayed by someone kinda retarded."

Aqua: H- Hey !

Chara: Let me guess, it was you ? Moron.

Frisk: Please keep quiet, they're about to announce something...

Luna: Everyone, thank you so much for gathering. Starting now, we will carry out the "Mobile Fortress Destroyer Subjugation" emergency quest ! Levels and jobs are unrelated to this quest, so please everyone, take part in it ! However, should you face difficulty accomplishing the quest, all of you are to abandon the town and run away. Everyone, this is our final defense ! Thank you !

Kazuma: Wow, wow, talk about unreliable... Is this going to be okay... ?

"A town can be rebuilt... I don't think even Aqua could revive someone squished by that Destroyer..."

Luna: Now then... I believe that many of you are already informed, but I will start off by explaining about the Destroyer. The Mobile Fortress Destroyer, is an ultra-large-sized golem originally created as an anti-demon king army weapon in the country of highly developed magic technologies, Noise. The golem, to which Noise's tremendous national budget was dedicated to create, takes the shape of a spider with eight legs. Its body is as gigantic as the old castle, and an excess of magical metals used in its outer structure. Thus, it continues to advance with speed that doesn't relate to its giant body.

Luna: Because of that, it is difficult to stop the advance of the Destroyer. Even if there are large sized monsters in its way, they will end up as minced meat. And since there is a powerful magical barrier on it, magic attacks are mostly ineffective as well. Which means, we can only attack with arrows and throwing stones... But they will be intercepted, as it is also equipped with independent medium-sized golems, and small-sized ballistae.

Papyrus: I see, I see... What does that means ?

Chara: We're screwed.

Papyrus: Oh...

Luna: In the first place, as to why the Destroyer is on a rampage, the one who was in charge of its development research probably rode the Destroyer, and continues to manipulate it even now... Without differentiating between man and monster, it tramples them down and brings limitless destruction. In the unfortunate case it attacked a town, the only choice would be to abandon it and wait until it passes by. Truly, it can only be called a natural disaster... That is the Mobile Fortress Destroyer !

Dust: By the way, what happened to that "Noise" country which made that ? Don't they at least know its weak points ?

"It doesn't take a genius to guess they were the first to be trampled on..."

Lynn: Say, won't digging up a big trap hole in its way do the job ,

Luna: It was done before, but it would just jump over it.

Chara: Just great... Why were we even summoned here if the only solution is to run away ? Shouldn't we be organizing the evacuation of the town ?

Frisk: It's true... Our priority would be to ensure everyone's safety...