Chapter 142: Back to Chuni-Land

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Kazuma: Is Yunyun not here yet ?! I'm all done with my preparations here ! We'll blow through the Crimson Demon's Trial in a single day !

"You're... Unusually raring to go, Kazuma... Are you really that eager to go to the trial, or that eager to get away from any potential danger here ?"

Darkness: I really can't wait either. Protecting the backline is the job of a knight, so leave the trial to me !

Kazuma: I refuse. After all, there's a beautiful female adventurer waiting for my return. How can I not take this chance to show off ?

"And here you just answered my question yourself..."

Darkness: D- Don't get in my way for such a foolish reason ! Come on, Kazuma, give me a chance at the spotlight too ! This isn't like you at all. Why didn't you go meet up with that fan of yours yesterday ?

Kazuma: If I were to meet up with a fan on the very same day they asked, that'll make me seem desperate and lame, wouldn't it ? It'd be best to resolve Yunyun's issues first, then walk back into the guild saying something like "Well, well, this incident wasn't that big of a deal after all..." in a loud voice. Afterwards, I'd naturally run into the fan and everything will progress naturally.

"Why do you always use your brain for things like that ? Why do you only ever come up with elaborate acts to protect your slobbish lifestyle ?"

Kazuma: Hey, I need to bring back some tales for my fan, so i'm going to get a lot of accomplishments this time. You lot can just stay here and watch over the house.

Darkness: N- Not a chance ! The Crimson Demon's Trial is modeled after a famous legend and requires a vanguard and rearguard working together to overcome many challenges. My admiration for that legend is what set me on the path to become an adventurer ! Come on, Kazuma, chances like these rarely come by, so please grant me this !

Kazuma: What really set you on the path to become an adventurer is something far more perverted ! Don't think you can get away with lying now ! I want to play being a hero too !

"And you want to use this opportunity to get into another woman's pants, you have no room to talk here Kazuma. I wonder what Megumin would say if she learned you're still so desperate to get laid you're grasping at any opportunity that come your way."

Darkness: Y- Yeah, and beside, that wasn't a lie ! I won't deny that I had my eyes set on something less upright when I became an adventurer, but I really did start admiring adventurers as a child because of those legends ! And you said you wanted to play at being a hero, right ?! Don't get in my way with such a cheap motive !

Megumin: Do you two really want to play hero and mage so badly ?! I'll play with you however long you want when you get back from the Crimson Demon Village, so behave yourself for now.

"... Well, some good news is that Megumin won't come with us. If your temper caused Yunyun to fail the trial twice already, I wouldn't trust you tagging along."

Kazuma: Protecting Megumin doesn't quite, how do I put it, it doesn't have the same feeling...

Darkness: Y- yeah, rather than recreating a legend, it feels more like heading out on a pleasant trip...

Megumin: Fine, then instead of playing the role of the princess in that legend thing, I'll play the role of the last boss ! I'll be the evil magician that appears at the end of the first book ! Now, bring it on !