Chapter 8: Moving target

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"And so that's basically what happened."

Undyne: You're really a bunch of lucky ones, I hope you know that. To just randomly stumble into what's probably the only pacifist lich in this entire country... Unbelievable.

"Kazuma's luck stat is maximum. Wonder if that played a role."

Asgore: On another note, I heard one of the Demon king army's general has taken over the old castle on that hill a short distance away from town.

"The hell is a General doing around here ? Ain't that town only filled by beginner adventurers ?"

Asgore: All we can for now is leaving it alone. If his goal was to pillage and plunder, he'd have done it already.

"Axel town, a prized vacation location for demon generals. Very tranquil and quiet, just watch out for giant frogs."

Papyrus: No need to fret ! If that general ever threaten this town, I shall have a lively talk with him and reason him into leaving.

"Paps, you are far too pure for this world."

Aqua/Megumin/Darkness: ... ... ...

"What ?"

Aqua: Nothing. I wasn't worried about you joining another party or anything...

"The Tsundere act is unbecoming of you. This is just information gathering."

Megumin: What's this refreshing feeling ? Seeing you being on good terms with other parties, the melancholic feeling's mixed with something good. Could this be the legendary NTR... ?

"PFFFFRRRRRRRR !!! ARG- GH- *COUGH* *COUGH* !! WH- WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT WORD ?!"

Megumin: What's wrong ?

"... Nevermind. Got any plans for today ?"

Kazuma: I was thinking about what new skills to learn after leveling up. To be honest, the composition of this party's too unbalanced. So I'm thinking of making up for our weakness since I have the most flexible class. By the way, what skills have all of you learned ?

"Nothing really new right now. Just been leveling them up and keeping the extra points in case I need a quick boost at some point."

Darkness: My skills are centered around physical defense, magical resistance and abnormal status resistance. I also have a skill called decoy that's used to taunt the enemy.

"For the last time, if you don't want to learn any offensive skills, at least ditch the claymore for a shield, dammit !"

Darkness: I don't plan to. It might sound like I'm boasting, but my stamina and strength are great. If my attacks land easily, I could defeat monsters without taking any damage. And it's no good to hold back intentionally. This is how things should go: Attacking with all my might but not being able to hit the enemy, and being captured as my strength wanes. That's the best !

Kazuma: Enough !

Darkness: Haaaa~... ! You're the ones who asked, but to treat me like this...

Megumin: Of course, I learned explosion-related skills... Explosion, Explosion damage increase, fast chanting, etc. All the skills needed to cast the perfect Explosion spell. It's the same as before and will be so in the future.