Chapter 136: To the test

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"I'm still kinda iffy on that... Why did Vanir accept on Duke so easily..."

Kazuma: As expected of the man I acknowledged.

Megumin: Why is this man so enamored with that stalker, I wonder... Well, compared to a certain person who'll go have fun with some female adventurers the moment you take your eyes off him, his devotion is pretty respectable...

Darkness: yeah, unlike a certain someone, he seems pretty devoted to the woman he wishes to live together with. W- Well, being unfaithful is one of the hallmarks of a trashy man, so I don't dislike it...

"Oh, should I try flirting with any girl I come across then ?"

Darkness: N- NO !! Um... I- I mean...

"Thought so."

Kazuma: What ?! Yeah, the bath incident was my bad ! But if you don't mind me saying, you guys are at fault too ! Megumin keeps sending me all kinds of hints but never crosses the line, and Darkness keeps flaunting her needlessly erotic body despite having someone !

Megumin: This guy has started throwing away the last shreds of his dignity !

Darkness: You really have been turning into the type of man that I used to consider my ideal as of late...

Aqua: ... I won't accept this. I won't accept a man with such an unknown background ! isn't it odd ? This is Wiz we are talking about ! Why is he so obsessed with her ? He must definitely be up to no good ! This is a Goddess' intuition ! That man is definitely not in love with Wiz !

"And just where did that intuition of yours has ever been correct ? What can someone like you who's never been loved know anything about romance ?"

*C- C- C- COMBO !*

Kazuma: You just don't want to lose the only friend you can have tea with, right ?

"She can't hear you, she's on the ground in a puddle of her own blood."

Aqua: ... Well, yes, but I still have a bad feeling about this ! It's hard to put into words, but I feel like this will end up with someone I really hate getting really really happy...

Kazuma: I see, I don't get it...

"Can I finish her off ?"

Megumin: Even so, now that Wiz seems like she's into it, it's not really our place to interfere. If you wish for her happiness, you should just let things take their course...

Aqua: ... ... I'll test that man.

"Oh boy... What do you even mean by that ?"

Aqua: I'm going to test if that man is truly a devoted and earnest man. Yes, I'll seduce him.

"... Did you hit your head or something ? Even for someone like you, that's something absurdly stupid to just spout out suddenly. What can you even do ?"

Aqua: Who do you think I am ? I'm the Goddess with 10 Million devotees of the Axis cult, the extremely popular Aqua-sama !

"Don't go lying about the number of followers, your nose will grow."

Aqua: I'm well-loved by the neighborhood kids, and even an old man gave me sweets recently; If I give these two a little bit of instruction, that man will easily fall before us.