Chapter 74: Bound by Mythril

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Kazuma: '-CK !'

Aqua: What got you so bothered, Kazuma ? Your nostrils are widening. It's the same expression ou make when you spend the night outside every now and then.

Kazuma: I- I- It's nothing ! i'm just super happy my favorite Onion Duck's on the menu tonight ! Yum, this duck looks delicious, I bet I'll be leveling up again !

"And here I thought the whole 'Eris apparition' would be a good occasion to make some money with the pilgrims... Why has it already subsided ?"

Kazuma: Don't care didn't ask go f*ck yourself.

"... Well, someone's on a bad mood lately."

Kazuma: Yeah, feeling balls like a smurf here. Megumin told me she'd give me my birthday present, but something has to come up every single night... First that party, then Aqua and her played the stupid board game, and then that bullcr*p about an 'All-girls meeting'... Why is she spending all her time with Aqua ?!

"Don't ask me, I'm spending almost all of mine with Vanir... Well, day at least."

Kazuma: Don't remind me... The worst part of it is knowing that someone else is getting it almost every night three doors away.

"Oh, so was the go f*ck yourself an insult or an invitation ?"

Kazuma: ... Should I just go and tie her up tonight ?

"I'm not playing attorney for aggravated assault. Besides, what makes you think she wants to give that kind of thing to you ?"

Kazuma: So. What've you been up to 'till now, Megumin ? You've been messing with something I've never seen before.

Megumin: This thing ? It's a Crimson Demon tradition, an amulet with magical properties. You stuff the hair of people with powerful magic into an amulet, then give it to a comrade. It might only be psychological reassurance, but I still want to gift you this for your birthday, since you die often.

"... ... ..."

Kazuma: 'Oh, don't give me this "Told you so" look.'

Darkness: That sounds nice. Will anyone's hair do ? And is it the type where the more you put in, the more effective it gets... ?

Megumin: Yes, it'll be more effective. that's why we gave the people who went out to defeat the demon king an amulet filled with the hair of the entire village. There was so much hair that it was on the verge of bursting, so that amulet must've definitely worked. And by the way, this amulet does more than just protect its owner, it also has the excellent effect of ensuring that your luggage won't ever be stolen. And if you ever lose it, someone will give it back to you immediately.

Darkness: ... May you pu this in for me too ? I don't have powerful magic, so there probably won't be much of an effect.

"Powerful magic, huh ? I'm not exactly a mage, but i'm confident in my magical abilities. Think this could help ?"

Aqua: ... ... ... ... What ? Are you all so insolent that you'd ask for the hair of a Goddess like me ? Listen carefully, the hair of a goddess' sacred and rare.