Chapter 39: Manhunt, five hunters

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Aqua: WAAAAAAAAAHHH !!

Wiz: A-Aqua-sama, I brought you some warm milk. Take a sip and cool down...

Aqua: That's so cruel !I- I worked so hard for everyone ! Why must I be pelted with stones by my own believers ?! Waaaahh !!

"... You know, for once, I don't feel like saying anything... For once you had genuinely good intentions, just poor execution."

Darkness: Ahhhhhh~...

"And then there's you."

Wiz: Aqua-sama, please... please calm down ! Or else, your aura when you're upset will cause me to disappear !

Aqua: ... I want to drink wine.

Kazuma: You're not upset at all, right ?

Aqua: No matter what, there's definitely some sort of sabotage being conducted. Many of the hot springs I visited had been seriously contaminated. If the customers were to have visited these baths, they would've definitely fallen ill.

"... I have reasons to believe that. But even if it is true, we can't just find the culprit this way."

Kazuma: Let's just go to the adventurers' guild and the hot springs' management to make a report, and we'll leave the rest to them.

Aqua: But if this goes on... My cute believers will...

Kazuma: I'll give you a hand tomorrow... But I won't participate in any fights, all right ? If we can find the culprit, we'll hand it over to the adventurer's guild to resolve it. Will that be fine ?

Wiz: Well then, I'll wait in the hotel. Please be careful.

Megumin: So, how will we even know who the culprit is ? Even if we do find someone suspicious, we'll have to catch them in the act for it to be convincing.

'I mean... It's not like we have no idea who the culprit is...'

Kazuma: 'That man at the hot spring... Hans, was it ? And that lady said she couldn't recuperate in this hot spring anymore, so she probably left the city already.'

'So if we find the man, we find the perpetrator... And one of the demon king's army goons.'

Aqua: Hehe, leave it to me ! I've already thought of a way to find the culprit ! Listen, the culprit will visit several hot springs a day. Visiting as a customer will be the least suspicious way of doing it.

"What's that, Aqua using her brain for once ? You sure you don't have fever or something ?"

Aqua: Nonsense ! My believers are at stake here !

"... You know, that's fair. If only you could be having that kind of drive normally, things would be great. So, what's planning ?"

Aqua: Well then, let's ask all the managers of the hot springs which customers they had the deepest impression of, i've already distributed survey forms to them.

Kazuma: You're really working hard on this.

Megumin: I see. No matter how much someone loves the hot springs, bathing several times in one go would be suspicious. By collating the customer that frequents the most from the managers, we can lock on to the target, right ?