Chapter 156: Dropkick

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Hm... That whole deal idea, I don't really know what to think of it... Of course Kazuma would agree, and I can't blame him for that... A direct confrontation with a Demon King's general is suicidal. Hey, i'm ho-"

Aqua: Waaaaahh !! Waaaaaaahh !!

Megumin: There, there, please stop crying. He should be coming back soon... Ah, welcome back, you came in at just the right time-

*Slam*

"Not dealing with that right now, no thank you."

Darkness: Hey, don't pretend you didn't see this ! This is a really serious matter !

".. Fine. Against my better judgement, I'll ask, what happened this time ?"

Megumin: Apparently, she caused some kind of ruckus in the guild and was thrown out by the adventurers... I don't know exactly what she did, but it seems like Aqua is barred from entering the guild for a while.

"I don't think I even want to know what she did..."

Darkness: Megumin and I came back to the mansion after investigating that woman and found her crying with an invoice in her hand.

"If she thinks I'm paying for it, she's sorely mistaken... Wait, investigating ? Are you investigating Serena ? Is that why you just went out together lately ?"

Darkness: Exactly ! Listen to this, something's really odd about that woman ! Someone skilled enough to take out an undead horde that large should be a fairly famous priest, but when I went all over searching for more info... There isn't even a single rumor in any of the cities I contacted about a priest named Serena !

Megumin: On top of that, according to the guild staff, that woman has never once claimed a reward from the guild. No matter how saintly of a priest she is, this is way too absurd. You need to present your adventurer's card in order to claim a reward... So we were thinking that perhaps there is a reason why she can't show others her card.

"... if only you could be that serious and competent ever day... In any case, you don't really need to look further into her. Kazuma sort of made a deal with her, so, that's that."

Darkness: It's a really fresh feeling for just the two of us to be out together. Still, what business do you have at the guild ? Are we going to get lunch at the tavern ?

"Well, I wasn't planning to have this turn into a date, but I don't mind... Is this why you're dressed like this ?"

 Is this why you're dressed like this ?"