Chapter 168 Hoarder

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"... ... You know, sometimes I really start to wonder..."

Eris: Power !

"Why do I keep trying to do stuff by myself, when I have literally everything at hand already, I could just stay behind, and send an army to take on the Demon King... So why am I here right now..."

Eris: Protection !

"... What are you doing ?"

Eris: Resist ! ... Its so you can return to battle the moment Senpai revives you !

"... Hold on, the plan was to call it off the moment someone dies. We'll retrieve the body and teleport out immediately. Aren't they getting ready to retreat ? Not even Kazuma ?"

Eris: What are you saying ? The battle has only just begun. Even as we speak, everyone is fighting with the Demon King... True, we are at a disadvantage, but... Ah ! Darkness's Decoy skill just ran out ! Mitsu... ? ...Rugi-san is surrounded by enemies ! ...Oh, good, Yunyun just blew them away with Tornado.

"Oh, so I guess Darkness did protect the rest from that blast... I'm the only one to blame for trying to take the front. None of them will stand down, heh ?"

Eris: No, they haven't given up yet. If anything, Yunyun-san is getting fired up by Megumin-san's encouragements. And Darkness is off saying disturbing things like 'I'll kill you' repeatedly... Now, it might seem a little harsh, but I'll have to send you back out there. This is the first time I've broken a rule because of my own selfishness rather than at Senpai's insistence, so I'm a little nervous, but...

"... It's not strength we're lacking. When it comes to power, we have what we need, but... Apart from Kazuma, none of us have the brains and competence to use it right... And looking back on everything ever since we came to this world... It has been nothing but trouble and hurdles, constantly knocking at our door... Just look at us. Our personalities took such a twisted turn that some people are even questioning if we are still humans anymore. Everyone around us causing trouble, making us risk our lives constantly..."

Eris: But it was fun, wasn't it ?

"... ... Can't deny that part. Compared to the absolute bore it was before..."

Eris: It'd be really sad for you to be the only one who retired while everyone else has yet to give up, wouldn't it ? So I'll make it such that you can jump right back into battle the moment Senpai brings you back.

"That is, if she even bothers. That idiot has been told countless times not to move forward no matter what happens or who dies out there. So all the buffs you're casting on me might be wasted this time."

Eris: Is that so ? Then, I'll continue. Haste !

"... Are all Goddesses that bad at listening to others ?"

Aqua: Hey. Hey, can you hear me ? We really are in a pinch, in more than one way ! Kazuma almost lost his head to the Grim Reaper thing, and Megumin has started chanting Explosion magic !

"... Can any of you guys listen to what other says for more than 4 seconds or is your attention span really that bad ?!"

Eris: But that part of Senpai is a little cute, isn't it ?

"... No, it's not. When I get back, I'm giving away all her secret stash of wine to the Eris church. How did she even manage to find the time to revive me in the midst of all this...