Chapter 37: Bros before Hoes

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Wolbach: ... ... ...

Kazuma: ... ... ...

'... ... ... ... Well, this is awkward...'

Wolbach: ... Um... You don't seem to be residents of this city. Are you here on vacation ?

Kazuma: You could say it's a vacation. We're here with our teammates to enjoy the hot springs.

Wolbach: What a coincidence... I'm here for the hot spring too. But you two seem so young... Why are you here ? To recuperate through the hot spring ? Are you injured ?

Kazuma: That's correct. I might look this way, but we're adventurers. After a fight to the death with a powerful adversary, my neck suffered a serious injury. You could say this is like a badge of honor for men.

"And by that, he means he was trying to snipe a monster from up a tree, but the monster hit the tree, so he fell and broke his neck."

Kazuma: Th- That's not !! Let me turn thing in my advantage !

Wolbach: Fufufu... As for me... While I was fighting my other half, I couldn't snatch my powers back completely. So, to recover my original powers, I'm here for therapeutic hot springs baths.

'... That's a bit too extreme to be just a joke...'

Kazuma: I think the Archwizard in our team would be excited if you tell her that.

Wolbach: Hahaha, is your teammate a Crimson demon ? I wonder how that Crimson demon girl's doing. I even taught her magic... I probably won't need to take a bath in the hot spring if I find my other half; However, it won't be so easy to do so...

'Yeah, that "Joke" felt a teeny tiny bit too real to be one...'

Wolbach: Well then, it's about time I return... Also, maybe it's better if you don't visit the hot springs here anymore. Ah, um...can you please not watch my defenseless body when I get out.

Kazuma: Don't mind me.

Wolbach: I... I know this is a mixed bath, but being stared at like that...

Kazuma: Don't mind me.

"Kazuma..."

Kazuma: Yes, yes, sorry. I'll turn around.

Wolbach: Th- Thank you. Such a wonderful hot spring city, and such a waste. I'll have to search for a new place to recuperate.

Kazuma: ... Killjoy.

"When someone's politely asking you to stop leering, if you don't stop, regardless of gender, that doesn't makes you an advocate of gender equality, that makes you an asshole."