Chapter 157: Master plan

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Knight: ... Don't think you'll be treated this cordially forever. I'll ask again... Satou-Dono, you dropkicked a passing priest who has done nothing to provoke you yesterday. Do you deny this ?

Kazuma: I do not.

Knight: ... Right, so you, upon seeing the back of the head of a passing priest, was seized with the uncontrollable urge to dropkick her. However, the priest detected your presence and turned around, causing you to kick her right in the face instead. In other words, you did it on a whim. Is that right ?

Kazuma: That's exactly the case.

Knight: ... that priest is the same person that Lady Dustiness asked me to thoroughly investigate a few days ago. Does that have anything to do with that matter ?

Kazuma: It doesn't... Probably...

Knight: You piece of shit, do you think i'm some sort of inept retard ?! We have been looking into that priest too ! Do you really think that excuse will work on me ?!

Kazuma: S- Stop ! Using violence during interrogations is against the law ! Get me a lawyer ! I can afford it, so get me a lawyer !

Knight: Satou-dono, you're speaking to a knight of Axel ! One in charge of managing this police station ! Naturally, I'm well aware of the odd atmosphere that has taken over this town as of late ! You know something about this, right !? You might have a bad reputation, but even someone like you wouldn't kick a woman for no reason ! Considering your actions in the past, you must know something ! Now, out with it! What are you hiding !? What is happening to this town !?

Kazuma: I- I know nothing ! S- Stop ! You're a knight of a lower standing than House Dustiness, right ?! I'll tattle on you ! I'll tell Darkness that you did some unspeakable sexual things to me !

Knight: H- hey, don't fabricate things ! In the first place, Lady Dustiness is well known for being just. I know she's in the same party as you, but she wouldn't unjustly exercise her power just because of that. Too bad for you ! And besides, Windings sir already warned us to never listen to stuff like that from you ! Just wait here, i'll go fetch the lie-detecting magic item !

Guard: I- I beg your pardon !

Knight: What is it ?! i'm busy right now ! This man keeps replying with empty platitudes... !

Guard: well... Lady Dustiness and Windings sir asked for his release...

Knight: ... Huh ?!

Knight: Why are they here ? Tell them that I shall see them after I find out what this man is hiding. Satou-dono is a fairly accomplished adventurer, so a stay in the detention cells should suffice; I shell give them a detailed report after I'm done.

Guard: Th- The thing is...

"Just let us in, for Eris' sake, we won't get anywhere if things keep going at that snail's pace... Ow..."

Darkness: Stop moving around so much. To think even Aqua could not completely heal you...

Kazuma: L- Lalatina-sama ! Windings-sama !

"Hands where I can see them, Kazuma."

Darkness: H- hey, I told you not to call me Lalatina ! ... Ahem. My apologies. So, did you learn anything from him ?