Chapter 120: Socialized Capitalism

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"... Okay, stop glaring at me like you want to gut me and spit it out, why don't you ?"

Adventurer: It's true that we haven't been accepting many jobs lately, but even so, didn't we just recently deal with all the piled-up quests.. ?

"And that was a really good effort, please continue to do so."

Adventurer: Don't you dare get away ! Lalatina says that it's to resolve the country's financial issues, but who knows what she's actually using that money for ? I've been hearing rumors, you know ? That Lalatina's been spotted dragging around a young boy and teaching him who knows what.

'... Part of me wants to believe that this was just Sylphina being mistaken for a boy... The rest is hoping that it was just Sylphina being mistaken for a boy...'

Kazuma: And now Darkness is looking to become a Shotacon too ? Just how greedy is that woman ?

Aqua: ... Hey, Kazuma, isn't this a good opportunity ? Look at the covetous gleams in everyone's eyes.

Kazuma: Aqua, I don't want to hear that from someone who ended up crying after dropping 100 eris down a drain because she was planning on using that to buy ice cream.

Aqua: Shut up, you boorish man. If you keep spreading such baseless rumors, I'll lay a curse on you that will have you waking up each morning to find that the bed is wet... Anyway. I've found Darkness' actions to be suspicious recently. As her guardian, I feel a need to resolve the issues plaguing her ! I've been curious about what she normally gets up to for a long time. Hey, aren't you guys curious about what she usually does ?

"... So the orphanage, huh ?"

Kazuma: Why did you follow through with that ? I thought for sure you'd try to defend her or something ?

"Kazuma, I've been around you guys long enough to know how things work. i'm just here for when everything turns out to be one huge misunderstanding that will still greatly embarrass her."

Kazuma: ... You are either a genius or even dumber than Aqua. There's no grey area for that.

Aqua: Hey, is Darkness really here ?

Adventurer: Yeah, you can't mistake it, Aqua-san. Everyone's seen Darkness here wearing an erotic outfit and grinning as she looks upon the children playing. I'm not lying.

Kazuma: ... the erotic outfit sure does sounds suspicious...

???: Lalatina-sama, you shouldn't do this... It's still way too early for us...

Kazuma: Okay, what about that one ?!

Darkness: What are you saying ? The earlier you learn about it, the better. Plus, you'll need to know this stuff when you become an adult. So, come on, no need to restrain yourself...

Kid: B- But, Lalatina-sama...

Darkness: Fufu, you say that, but you are actually really curious about it, aren't you ? You can go ahead and touch them. Here, go ahead and touch it. This belongs to you from now on.

Kid: B- Belongs to...

Kazuma: ... Are you sure you aren't worried now ?

"Kazuma, Kazuma... If it was so easy, do you really think the whole Alderp matter would've ended that way ?"