Chapter 131: Frogger

" ": You talking

' ': you thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Zereschrute: P- Please have some tea.

Aqua: ... You sure have some guts to serve me hot water as tea.

Zereschrute: W- Wha ?! I'm pretty sure I served tea... I- I'll go rebrew it.

"Don't. She's just picking on you. Seriously, between you and Megumin, I have trouble deciding who's the biggest, pettiest bully."

Zereschrute: ... Young man, I may be a devil, but even devils can get depressed. Might you listen to a few grumbles of mine...

"I'm saying this for your own good, but you probably should stay out of this town... She'll keep on hunting you down, and unlike Eris, you can't reason with her thick skull."

Darkness: By the way, I don't see Wiz around. Did she go somewhere ?

Vanir: If you are talking about that delusional shopkeeper, she started talking about strange things like feeling the presence of a challenger and the like after Moi had her work ceaselessly for a week. That doesn't look good, and we're in the clear after that Treasure Island Incident, so Moi had her resting in the back.

"I think you're going too hard on her... She might be an undead, but you're still working her to the bone."

Vanir: Speaking of. Why do I owe you the pleasure today, dear associate ?

"Well, consider what Aqua did about 5 minutes ago, and you get the precise reason why she dragged us all here."

Vanir: ... That obnoxious woman...

"But, now that I think about it, some news reached my ears not too long ago, so I got an idea or two brewing up."

Kazuma: ... hey, do you really intend to raise your level by repeatedly defeating that penguin ? The friends I made back in the Crimson Demon village recommended a technique to quickly level by finishing off immobile monsters, and this feels just as unpleasant.

Aqua: It's really annoying that it looks so cute. Even if it is a devil, hearing him repeatedly scream does tug at my heartstrings. And here I thought it was a great idea. What should we do now ?

Darkness: Why don't we just raise our levels like normal ? Megumin isn't here, but we should have raised our skills quite a bit by now. It's a great chance for us. Normally, we would just let Megumin wipe out the monsters and call it a day right then.

Kazuma: Speak for yourself, we still have the one-man-army with us... But you're right. let's get us some practice so we can perform a little better after Megumin's exhausted her mana.

"The question is, what to hunt ? I say we make today the day we take revenge on all these frogs.

Aqua: No, I don't wanna ! I can't see frogs as anything by my natural enemies !

Darkness: But, Aqua, considering our combat strength, hunting frogs would be the best course of action for us... i'm wearing metal armor, so the frogs won't eat me. This way, we'll be able to avoid getting wiped...

"Why do I hear some regret in your voice ?"

Darkness: N- Nonsense !

Aqua: that means that the frogs will definitely go after me ! I have the ability to learn, you know ? This will definitely end with me taking another dip inside a frog's stomach !