Chapter 125: Divine Retribution

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Chris: hey, Lowly assistant, is this really the castle of an evil aristocrat ? Between the door and the hallway, I can't help but feel like this place is more suitable for a general of the Demon King's army...

'if only you knew, Eris... if only you knew...'

Kazuma: Well, it's not really inaccurate to call him an evil aristocrat, but... In any case, if we don't retrieve a certain item that this lord has in his possession, the life of the girl will be at risk. That hasn't changed.

Darkness: It's just as Kazuma said, Chris. The goal of this mission is to bring back the ingredient we need to brew the antidote. Just focus on that, Chris... Really please don't lose your head here

Chris: Hey, what's wrong ? Why are you warning me so many times ? Just what's behind this door ?

"... He's probably waiting for us. So let's not wait any more time and charge in !"

*F-TWOOOOOOOOOOM*

Zereschrute: ... Welcome, mysterious intruders ! I'm sure tou are well aware of what this place is Fufu, you mysterious intruders who i'm meeting for the first time !

Kazuma: Dammit, he knows who we really are !

"What are the odds... But that just means we don't have to hide anything anymore."

Chris: ... Hey, lowly assistant, what do I do ? Is this what you were repeatedly warning me about , It's impossible ! There's no way I'd be able to attack something this cute ! Just no way !

"Don't tell me you're being swayed by the penguin costume ?!"

Kazuma: Hey, Chris, don't let your guard down ! It may look cute, but there's something truly horrific hiding inside ! Our goal is to get a fragment of his nail ! His nail is a vital ingredient in creating the antidote to Colorin disease !

Chris: ... Nails that are used in the creation of the antidote to the Colorin disease...

Darkness: Oh yeah, Chris, use bind to restrain Lord Zereschrute ! I'll block all his fierce attacks with my body !

Zereschrute: Ah ! As expected of the intruder who looks just like a certain Shield of this country ! Your resolve is admirable indeed ! But how long can a mere human withstand my true strength, I wonder... ?

*SHUNK*

Zereschrute: GYAAAAAAA ?! Wait, don't- !!

"What the hell, Chris ?! Don't jump him like that ! Use Bind, Bind !! We only need a piece of his nail, don't kill him !"

Chris: H- hey, second assistant, what are you doing ?!

"What am I doing ? What are you doing ?! That should be my line ! Did you forget what we came here for ?! We need his nail ! How do you expect to retrieve a nail if you kill him ?!"

Chris: Oh, right ! We need to remove one of his nails before killing him !

Zereschrute: W- What's with this berserk Little kid ?!

Chris: I'M A WOMAN !!

Zereschrute: Who cares if you are a guy or a girl ! Is that a magic dagger ? Or is it a cursed item ? I can feel an extremely strong bloodlust towards devils emanating from that dagger ! Just touching it causes me to go numb !