Chapter 62: Kingsford Zellman

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

*Alderp has been missing for... Some unknown reasons, and his deeds has been exposed. In the end, all his assets were confiscated and transferred to the new Landlord house, house Dustiness. His son, unrelated to his crimes, was also helping. Darkness was also supposed to help, but because of a certain nickname, she shut herself in her home and refused to come out. But most important than all of this...*

Vanir: Everyone, humans area species capable of conversation. let's talk this through !

*The show never ends around these parts*

Aqua: ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Wiz: ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Darkness: ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Aqua: You're the one who profited most from that disturbance, right ? It's so good to be able to buy the rights to various products from Kazuma so cheaply... I heard about it. You resold Kazuma's product rights at a high price and earned a huge profit. You're so clever, so there must've been other solutions beside such indirect ones. Tell us the truth.

Wiz: Vanir-san. What've you been doing behind my back ? You resold the product rights you got cheaply from Kazuma-san ? Unbelievable... ! Ah, what should I do ? To think that money in the vault came from blackmailing Kazuma-san... ! I want to return it, but the money's already... !

Kazuma: ... ... What's happening here ?

"A cruel lack of popcorn for me to enjoy, that's what. Also, do you truly need to ask when both Vanir and Aqua are involved ?"

Kazuma: I'd still like to know why the former is cuffed on the ground like that...

Vanir: Calm down, gangster girl and destitute shop owner. Although there are other ways to solve this... Problem... ? Wait. Thou disaster of a shop owner, what did thou just say ? What happened to the money I left in the vault ? That isn't an amount that can be spent so easily !

Wiz: About that, praise me, Vanir-san. Actually, while I was tending the shop, a regular patron of mine brought a lot of manatites. He said he'd sell them to me at half price, so I used all the money in the vault to buy them ! I really bought some good stuff this time ! Based on my evaluation, those were definitely high grade manatites !

"Manatites... One-use item to restore mana."

Kazuma: Only usable once, and way too expensive to be in demand in this town.

"Too bad. If she tried to sell them to the Crimson clan she'd make a ton of cash."

Kazuma: Forget it. I didn't think you'd do that much, but I'll ask you this. According to Aqua, Darkness' father was under a devil's curse... And you're the only devil in this city.

Vanir: Hahaha. I would never use a curse that would kill the victim ! The one who placed the curse was an Arch-devil with strange mannerisms and a screw loose in the head.

Aqua: isn't that juts you ?!

Vanir: W- Wait, wait ! Dost thou think that a gentleman like me would be a broken devil with strange mannerisms ? Come on, let's be reasonable ! I admit that I did a lot of circuitous matters this time. I'll admit that things developed so I could taste the negative emotions of the landlord after his bride was snatched away. But I wish thou will listen to my explanation. Especially thou, who's been staring at me since earlier, who developed strong feelings for that guy over there after this incident, and changed all the clothes thou wears in the house to thin, flimsy material...