Chapter 23: last call

Xu Chengyan looked at the phone, still a little lost.

Mr. is accompanying the young master again.

Xu Chengyan stayed alone on the terrace for a long time, until it was windy outside and it was raining lightly, and then got up and went back to the room.

It was already past eleven o'clock in the evening, but Mr. still hadn't come back. He probably won't come back.

Xu Chengyan sat by the bed with his cell phone, flipped through tomorrow's flight schedule, and bought a ticket to other provinces at noon tomorrow.

After buying the ticket, Xu Chengyan clicked on Mr.'s chat box, thought about it, and sent a message over—

[Sir, the wontons are in the refrigerator, and my aunt will come over to cook these days. 】

[The potted plants on the balcony are best watered once every three days. If the weather is good, you can move them outside to bask in the sun. It doesn't matter if the husband forgets, the auntie will also help take care of it. 】

[The temperature will cool down in the past few days, sir, pay attention to your body. 】

After the message was sent, Xu Chengyan waited for a while, but still didn't wait for a reply, so he put the phone aside and didn't look at it again.

When Xu Chengyan woke up the next morning, the seat beside him was still empty.

Mr. didn't come back all night.

After Xu Chengyan finished washing up and changed his clothes, he called Mr.

After the call was connected, Xu Chengyan asked, "Sir, will you be back tonight?"

"Sorry, He Yang has something to do, wait a moment." A somewhat familiar male voice came from the other end of the phone, "He Yang, the phone—"

Xu Chengyan held the phone and heard the voice of the young master.

There was a rustling sound from the other end of the phone, and after a while, He Yang's voice came.

"What's up?"

Xu Chengyan asked, "Sir, will you be back tonight?"

He Yang said lightly, "I won't come back."

Xu Chengyan held the phone tightly and couldn't help but ask, "Do you want to accompany Shen Xiuzhu, sir?"

He Yang: "Well, accompany him to the hospital for a checkup."

"I see." Xu Chengyan responded and said, "Sir, I will go out in the afternoon, I'm not sure when I will be back."

"As you like." He Yang didn't take it to heart.

Xu Chengyan wanted to say something more, but the phone had been hung up.

On the other side, after He Yang hung up the phone, he put the phone aside and took the water glass and poured a cup of hot water.

Shen Xiuzhu saw it, walked over, and asked softly, "Is there something important?"

"If you have something to do, just go and do it first." Shen Xiuzhu smiled shyly, "It doesn't matter if I am alone."

"It's nothing important." He Yang said lightly, and just handed over the cold medicine and the water cup, "Take the medicine first, and then go to the hospital later."

Shen Xiuzhu obediently took the cup and prepared to take the medicine.

The water cup was still steaming, and Shen Xiuzhu was wearing glasses again, and a layer of fog instantly formed on the lenses.