LUKANETTE S4 - SOLE CRUSHER - PT 5

MARI'S POV

I tried giving Zoe my heartfelt speech, but it didn't seem to work.

'No!' I cried.

Luka turned to me. 'Go find somewhere safe my angel. I'll help everyone else' he said as he winked at me.

I smiled. 'Thank you, my prince!' I whispered as I ran to somewhere secluded. Tikki flew out of my purse.

'I have to help our new friend! Tikki, Spots on!' I transform into Ladybug.

Cat Noir had managed to trip Sole Crusher with his staff. In doing so, she loosed her grip on Chloe who managed to hide nearby.

'The bigger they get, the harder they fall!' he said.

I joined him on the stairs. 'Sorry, I got held up.'

Sole Crusher stands up, and turns to me and Cat Noir in anger. She tries to punch us, but we jump out of the way, destroying the stairs. Cat Noir extends his staff to push off of Sole Crusher's back, who turns in anger, holding her hand up to catch him, but I wrap my yo-yo around her wrist. Sole Crusher pulls my arm, and my yo-yo came detached from me. She tries to smack me, but I manage to dodge and the ground is hit and broken.

Chloe was hiding under the bridge of the Seine when Cat Noir extends his staff to Sole Crusher's neck, who grabs it and throws it and causes Chat Noir to fly through the air. He grabs onto a light pole to stop himself from falling. I extend my yo-yo and wrap it around Sole Crusher's right ankle, causing her to crash into the nearby buildings. I unravel her yo-yo as debris falls and Sole Crusher lifts her arm to punch me, but I dodge it and there is more street destruction. I land on a rooftop, then jump to another one as Sole Crusher keeps trying to punch me but I'm too fast for her. I jump near a window of a building, which Sole Crusher punches as I jump away, jumping to a nearby bus stop with Cat Noir. As Sole Crusher tries to free her arm, we discuss our strategy.

Cat Noir says to me 'We're not getting anywhere with this. If worst comes to worst, I might have to cataclysm her before she destroys the whole city!

I grabbed his arm. 'No way! We don't know what will happen if you hit her directly! It could be fatal! Lucky Charm!' I receive a shoe horn. 'A... shoe horn? Of course! The akuma must be hiding in her shoes!'

Cat Noir smiles. 'Let me trip her up a bit, LB. Cataclysm!'

Sole Crusher frees herself and regains her balance, and Cat Noir destroys a part of her right shoe's heel, breaking it and causing her to fall. I throw my yo-yo at Sole Crusher's other heel and wrap it around it. Sole Crusher tries to regain her balance again, but I pulls on my yo-yo destroying the heel and Sole Crusher falls again onto a building.

Cat Noir and I hide behind a car. 'Where's... the Akuma?' I said, confused.

Chloe had come out of hiding and was talking to Sole Crusher. 'Even as a supervillain, you're still a loser. Just look at how you're treating my priceless shoes! Go back to your sad, ugly sneakers!'

Sole Crusher walks towards Chloe. 'Why should I, when I finally know what it's like to be in your shoes!' Chloe tries to escape, but Sole Crusher stomps her and she disappears.

'Sneakers?' I say to Cat Noir. 'What if the Akuma isn't in these shoes, but in the sneakers Chloe was talking about? Follow me!' I say as I swing away and Cat Noir follows on his baton.

We reach Le Grand Paris and head straight to Chloe's room. Cat Noir and I bust her doors down.

'If Chloé lended those shoes, the sneakers must be here somewhere.' Cat Noir looks in a cupboard, while I look under Chloe's bed. I open Chloe's cupboard and find Sabrina.

'Five more minutes, I'm almost done!' Sabrina says.

'Chloe's sister's sneakers, where are they?!' I demanded.

'Huh? What? I don't know!' she replies as she closes the cupboard doors.

Cat Noir and I run out into the hallway.

'She must have her own room!' I said.

Then André came out from the janitor's closet. 'Ladybug! Cat Noir! You're going to save us again, aren't you?'

'Mr. Mayor?' I said.

'I hid in here when I witnessed poor little Zoe getting akumatized' André replied.

'You mean you saw everything?' Cat Noir asked.

'Do you know where her sneakers are?' I asked.

He nodded. 'Follow me!'

He leads us to the rooftop.

Cat Noir says to me, 'Don't you find it strange that Sole Crusher didn't follow us here?'

'Let's make this quick!' I reply. We run to the cellar.

André reaches for the cellar. 'Promise you won't tell my wife about this?' he asks. We nod.

Sole Crusher starts coming towards us, now twice the size of Le Grand Paris. 'You can't measure up to me! I'm going to crush. You. All!'

I try in vain to open the cellar, but it's stuck. 'Of course!' I take the shoe horn Lucky Charm to open the cellar door. As Sole Crusher's fist is flaming and about to reach us, I find the akumatized sneaker and break it. The Akuma flies out and stops Sole Crusher, who returns back to Zoe.

I open my yo-yo. 'No more evil doing for you little akuma. Time to de-evilize! Gotcha! Bye bye, little butterfly! I throw the shoe horn into the air. 'Miraculous Ladybug!' The miraculous ladybugs had their work cut out for them today with the destruction Sole Crusher caused. And all of the people Sole Crusher crushed with her shoes were restored unharmed.

Zoe wakes up on a pool chaise as Cat Noir and I bump fists. 'Pound it!'

I open my yo-yo and pull out a Magical Charm. 'This is a magical charm, Zoe' I said, as I put it in her hand. 'With it, Shadowmoth can't get to you any longer. Always keep it with you to remember what you overcame today.'

Zoe smiled. 'Thank you, Ladybug. You really are Miraculous!'

I smile back. 'Bug out!' I say as Cat Noir and Ijump off the rooftop to detransform.