LUKANETTE S4 - QILIN - PT 6

Just then Sabine's phone beeps with a reminder. 'Oh, would you look where we are and what time it is!'

Luka, Marinette and Sabine are standing outside Dimsum Delight and it had just struck noon.

'You'll join us for lunch, won't you Luka?' Sabine asked.

'Uh, sure, if you're certain I wouldn't be imposing on mother daughter time!' Luka smiled.

'Not at all!' Sabine smiles.

'But Mom, didn't you only book a table for two?' Marinette asked.

'No... three' Sabine smiles and winks at Luka and Mari as they smile back and Mari took Luka's hand as they went inside.

'Have you ever had dimsum before?' Mari asked him.

'No, never' Luka replied.

'You'll love it!' Mari smiled.

After a while, several dishes came out at once and were all placed in the middle of the table.

Luka looked uncertain about what to do. Mari smiled and touched his leg under the table and he blushed.

'The way this works is you take some from each basket and put it on the plate in front of you and eat it. That way you get a good variety of flavours and you get to see what you like best!'

Luka smiled. 'That sounds simple enough!'

'Here, I'll help you!' Mari said, serving him from each of the baskets.

'Thanks, my melody' Luka blushed.

'How did your class go this morning mom?' Marinette asked Sabine.

'It went well! I even met Kagami's mother. Quite a stubborn woman! But I got through to her and her daughter was able to keep coming to my classes' Sabine replied.

'I didn't know Kagami goes to your art classes!' Marinette replied.

'Oh yes, she has been coming for a couple of months now!' Sabine replied. 'She doesn't necessarily do my painting class, but she has been coming along to improve her sketching. She has gotten so much better over the past month or so, she's extremely talented. She seems to enjoy sketching the Agreste boy.'

'Really?' Mari smiled. She really IS still in love with Adrien! she thought to herself.

'Yes, but she told me today that her mother doesn't approve of her sketching. And my class was the only chance for her to do her passion. She'd been lying to her mother saying she was going fencing when she was really coming to my class. And today her mother found out and told her to come home right away' Sabine replied.

'Oh no...' Mari and Luka replied.

'But I stood up for Kagami and told her mother she should support her in all her passions. So, in the end, she allowed her to keep attending my classes' Sabine smiled.

'Oh, that's so great!' Luka replied.

'Yeah, that's wonderful for Kagami! You really are a super mom!' Mari smiled.

'I just did what any mother would do!' Sabine smiled.

They all had a delicious lunch, and Luka offered to pay. But Sabine wouldn't accept his money.

'Put that away Luka, you and Marinette are my guests today' she smiled.

'Thank you so much Mrs Dupain-Cheng' Luka replied.

'You're most welcome Luka' Sabine replied. 'It's the least I can do after you stood up for me today when nobody else would.'

'Of course I did. You're like family to me' Luka smiled, as Mari kissed his cheek.

'How did you enjoy the dimsum?' Mari asked.

'It was delicious!' Luka replied. 'It was great sharing a lot of small meals and small portions of each so you can see what you like best!'

'Yeah, it feels nice to share a meal like that every once in a while!' Mari agreed.

'This is Marinette and my favourite place to eat!' Sabine smiled.

'I think I can see why!!' Luka smiled.

After lunch, the three of them went shoe shopping together for Marinette. She found some beautiful pink and white sneakers, in exactly her size. Luka sat her down and helped her try them on. He smiled up at her.

'This reminds me of when I helped tie your laces the first time we went skating together at the ice rink' Luka chuckled.

'Yeah... You were so sweet that day...' Mari blushes.

Luka giggled as he helped her to her feet and she walked around in them.

'These are perfect! They're so comfortable!' Marinette said. 'It's like walking on a cloud!'

'They look great too honey!' Sabine smiled.

'I'll take them!' Marinette said. 'I'll pay you back later Mom!' she said sheepishly.

'Oh, no need!' Sabine said. 'While we were waiting for our dimsum, I already transferred all the money for the flowers, the fine and the shoes from your account to mine on my phone. But I didn't realise that the shoes would be on sale, so here's 20 Euros extra left-over honey, for you to spend.' Sabine handed her 20 Euros.

'Really? Thanks! You really are the best super mom ever!' Marinette said as she gave her a hug.

After buying the shoes, Sabine took the bus back home (making sure she had her ticket and wallet with her this time!), while Luka and Marinette cycled over to a park. Marinette had decided to wear her new shoes and threw her worn out shoes out. Luka had taken one of the daisies from Sabine's bouquet and put it in Mari's hair as he gently caressed her face.

"You're so beautiful' he whispered, staring lovingly into her eyes as Mari blushed. He kissed her forehead and they both giggled.

Then they heard Andre the ice-cream man.

'Let's share some ice-cream' they both said at the same time as they laughed and got a Lukanette special, which Marinette paid for so she could get change for her purse for emergencies. Then they went and shared the ice-cream on a bench.

'Thank you for trying to save my mom today Luka' Mari smiled.

'Hey, it's the least I can do. You've saved my family quite a few times now, it was about time I tried to return the favour' Luka smiled.

'Aww!' Mari smiled back.

'You know, you and your mom are so much alike' Luka smiled.

'Really? I've always thought we were complete opposites! Mom is always super organized while I'm always forgetful and inarticulate' Mari replied.

'But here's the traits you have in common my melody' Luka smiled. 'You're both determined and fight for justice. You both stand up for what's right. You both speak your mind and stand up for your friends and family. You're both generous and kind and always want to help people be the best they can be.'

'Wow!' Mari replied, surprised. 'You're right! We really do have a lot in common!'

'Like mother like daughter' Luka giggled, kissing Mari's forehead again before cycling her home to the bakery.

THE END