LUKANETTE S4 - EPHEMERAL - PT 6

On the rooftops, Ladybug is running towards Lollipop Boy, while Cat Noir is nowhere to be found. She decides to give Luka a call.

'Can you please contact Cat Noir for me?'

'No problem angel, will do.' Luka replies. 'I've managed to block my caller ID on my phone, with Max and Markov's help.'

At the Collège Françoise Dupont courtyard, Mr. D'Argencourt's fencing class is in session. Adrien is up against Kagami, and his communicator rings from an unknown number.

Adrien gasps. 'Sorry, I... I think I'm thirsty!' He runs to the locker room.

'Hello? Adrien speaking' he answered.

'Adrien, the lollipop monster is back. Meet Ladybug at the Arc de Triomphe!'

'Right away! Plagg, claws out!' He transforms into Cat Noir.

That's weird, that didn't sound like Su-Han Cat Noir thought to himself. They sound friendlier than Su-Han.

At the Arc de Triomphe, battle ensues.

Cat Noir smiles. The usual manouvers, LB?'

At another akuma attack, at the Gare du Nord. Cat Noir is smiling over Ladybug as she battles Syren.

At the Place des Vosges, the Mime de-transforms into Fred. Cat Noir opens an umbrella and holds it over Ladybug as it starts to rain, and Cat Noir's mind goes back to the first day of school again and he imagines her as Marinette for a split second, as he smiles at her.

At the Agreste mansion, in Adrien's room, he looks at a post Mari put on social media of her kissing Luka's cheek and she turns into Ladybug. But he accepts it now.

'Oh Marinette, you were Ladybug the whole time and I let you slip through my fingers. And now, your heart belongs to another... how I wish I could make you mine... m'lady...

Gabriel was just outside the door and overhears Adrien and gasps.

Gabriel goes to Nathalie's room and knocks on the door.

'Come in' she replies as she sits up in bed on her tablet.

'Nathalie, I have just found out Ladybug and Cat Noirs identities! At long last!' Gabriel cries.

'Who is it?' Nathalie replies.

Ladybug is none other than Adrien's classmate Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And Cat Noir was my own son the entire time!'

Nathalie is shocked.

'I wondered why Ladybug called so many heroes to defeat Moolak and Cat Noir didn't show up! Because Adrien was stuck at the live press conference! It all makes so much sense now!'

Gabriel smirks.

'Sleep well my boy because come the morning I will be able to reunite you with your beloved mother!'

In Adrien's room, in the morning, Gabriel comes in.

'Adrien, get up' Gabriel says.

Adrien yawns. 'Yes, Father.'

'Follow me' Gabriel says as he walks into his atelier.

'Yes, Father.' He follows Gabriel.

'This way.' Gabriel presses the buttons on Emilie's portrait and enters the repository.

Adrien walks up to the painting of his mother and enters the repository. Adrien is shocked.

'Did you know this was in your house?' Plagg whispers.

'No, well either that or I'm dreaming. Stay hidden, Plagg.' He leaves the elevator, and walks up and sees Emilie in the casket. 'Mom?' he says, horrified.

'One hundred weeks since she disappeared! One hundred times have I wanted to tell you!' Gabriel removes his scarf, showing his miraculous. 'Nooroo, Dusuu, dual metamorphosis!' He transforms into Shadowmoth in front of Adrien, frightening him.

'M-my father is S-Shadowmoth?' Adrien whispers backing slowly away.

'One hundred times have I tried to seize Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous to bring her back! To think that this illusion was right here right under my roof! ' He releases an akuma, which enters Adrien's phone.

'Ephemeral, I am your father, Shadowmoth. I'm giving you the power to speed up time and help me bring your mother back. All I ask in return are Ladybug's Miraculous... and yours!'

Adrien tries to resist. 'No! You can't ask me to do that! No, no!'

'Do you understand me, son?' Shadowmoth says firmly.

Adrien succumbs. 'Yes, Father.' He takes off his ring and gives it to Shadowmoth, who puts it on.

Plagg gasps. 'Cataclys—!!'

Shadowmoth interrupts him. 'Enough, Kwami! I am your master now!' Adrien transforms into Ephemeral.