LUKANETTE S4 - ⭐WISHMAKER - PT 2

At the Île aux Cygnes, location of the Paris Career Expo, Alec is hosting a reality TV show.

'Welcome to "You Gotta Be Kidding"! Today, we're live at the Paris Career Expo where I'm gonna be introducing you to the most pointless jobs ever! And to start off, here's a perfect example: André, the Ice Cream Maker, the ice cream man that is never around! Let me remind you how this goes: André doesn't have a shop, no one knows where he is, it takes forever to find him, and he gets to pick a flavour of your ice cream! You've gotta be kidding, André! Give me one reason why I should bother to chase after you when I could get my choice of ice cream in any corner supermarket!' Alec asks him.

The crowd watching laughs.

André is not phased one bit. 'Well, people don't just come for ice cream when they find me. They come to share their love and experience of magical moments! A supermarket cannot do what I do! I am a creator of magical moments!'

Alec scoffs. '"Creator of magical moments?" You've gotta be kidding! That's not a real job!'

André smiles. 'You're right, dear Alec. It's not a job, it's a career!'

The crowd becomes taken aback of what André said, much to Alec's shock. Alec groans, as this was not the reaction he was hoping for.

'But you found me today! I have some ice cream just for you: lime for the sourness you show on the outside, and chocolate cinnamon for the sweet dreams that still live inside of you! One day, you too will figure out what you really want to be!' Andre says, handing the ice-cream to Alec who looks mortified.

Alec turns to the cameraman. 'Cut! CUT!' he says as he and the cameraman walk away.

*

Marinette arrives and sees Amber and Owen, Luka's friends from school with a booth.

'Hi Amber, hi Owen!' Marinette says. 'I didn't know you guys would be here!'

'Hey Marinette!' Amber replied. 'Yeah, this is our dance and theatre booth! Even I'm discovering new career paths! Like maybe being a dance instructor! Then I could choreograph my own dance routines and teach them to people to keep fit! I love exercise too, so it's a win-win!'

Mari smiles. 'Sounds awesome Amber! Say, is Luka with you?'

'Oh, you mean, the King of Strings? He's over at the stringed instruments stand with Joshua! I think it's over that way somewhere! Just keep going, you'll find it!'

'King of Strings?' Mari asks, confused.

'Yeah, that's his nickname at school because he can play stringed instruments so well!' Owen replies.

'Thanks guys! See you around!' Mari replies, as she continues on.

'Bye Marinette!' Amber and Owen reply.

*

Marinette makes it over to André.

'André, how did you know that making ice cream would be your job?' Mari asked him.

André smiles. 'My dear Marinette, being an ice cream man isn't a job; I used to have a job. Every morning, I would wake up and do something I didn't like doing. The only enjoyable moment for my day was when I would come home and concoct ice cream flavours that suited my mood. Until one day, in the same way that ice cream enchanted my daily life, I wondered if my true calling would be to try and enchant other people's lives, too! That's when the truly successful career is: a blend of flavours of what you can do, what you love to do, and what you can bring to others!'

Andre glances behind her and sees Luka coming up behind her and puts his finger to his lip and winks at Andre so he can surprise her.

Andre smiles. 'Remember Marinette, when I said by eating my ice-cream your love will materialise?'