LUKANETTE S4 - EPHEMERAL - PT 1

At the Agreste mansion, in the repository, Gabriel stands in front of Emilie's cryogenic pod.

Gabriel sighs. 'Emilie, everything I've done, I've done for you. And if I had to, I would do it again a hundred times.'

His phone vibrates from his pocket and answers it.

Nathalie on the phone: "It's time, sir."

Gabriel ends the call and walks away.

On the Parisian streets. Bob Roth chases after a penny, only for the penny to slip in a sewer lid.

'Don't touch my penny! It's mine!' Bob cries out. The coin falls in the sewer. 'No!! Where did it go??' he cries.

Inside the Agreste car, the Butterfly Miraculous on Gabriel flashes as it senses Bob Roth's negative emotion.

'Adrien, I'm just not feeling well enough. You will have to represent me' Gabriel says.

Adrien gasps. 'But Father, you're launching your hundredth collection today! You're the one the journalists want to interview, not me.'

Gabriel fidgets with his ring, which seems to have some control over Adrien's obedience.

'Adrien, I am your father, and I am giving you the responsibility to attend this press conference. Under no circumstances will you leave that room until it's finished. All I'm asking is that you honour my work and the memory of your mother. Do we have an agreement?'

'Yes, Father' Adrien replies.

'By the way Adrien, there's something I have been meaning to tell you...' Gabriel begins.

'Yes Father?' Adrien replies.

'After speaking with Tomoe Tsrugi, a lifelong friend and business partner, we have come to an agreement that is sure to benefit both the Tsrugi and Agreste brands in the future. A collaboration if you will.'

'Really Father?' Adrien smiled.

'Yes. There is no easy way to say this, but I trust you will agree as we do that this is best for both brands. Which is why we have decided that after your 18TH birthday, you will marry Kagami Tsrugi.'

Adrien gasps. 'But Father, I-'

'I thought you were fond of Kagami, Adrien. After all, you fence together and she will be a valuable addition to our family as you both inherit the family businesses. Then both our brands can grow in wealth together. I had an arranged marriage to your mother and as we both know I loved her deeply. I still do...' Gabriel says, holding his hand to his heart.

Adrien sighs. His heart was the one thing he thought that his father could not control, and suddenly it was taken away from him in an instant. But he dares not go against his father's wishes. And he was right, he is fond of Kagami. He never did want to break up with her a year ago. So maybe, like could turn to love.

'Yes, Father. I won't let you down' Adrien replied, but he was still a bit sad.

'Good. Meanwhile, Tomoe and I will schedule you and Kagami time alone to get to know each other better.' Gabriel replied.

Outside the Grand Palais, the limousine stops in front of the building as Adrien gets off. He walks inside to attend the interview as per Gabriel's word.

A journalist raises her hand, and Adrien nods to her.

'The one-hundredth collection of the brand Gabriel is dedicated to your recently departed mother. How do you feel about this dedication?' the journalist says.

Adrien smiles. 'Since I can remember, everything my father has done, he's done for her.'

Luka and Marinette were walking to the park on a beautiful sunny morning. They held each other's hand as they walked and spotted Andre selling ice-cream just at the park entrance.

'You thinking what I'm thinking?' Mari smiled at Luka.

'One Lukanette special to share coming right up' Luka winked as they walked over to Andre.

Suddenly, a ray hit Andre and he disappeared.

Luka and Mari gasped.

'Haha! Another coin for Moolak!' they heard in the sky as a huge golden safe flew over them. 'I never did like that annoying ice-cream man choosing my ice-cream for me! And always the same flavour too! Sour cherry and lemon!'

He tries firing at Luka and Mari but they manage to run across the road to a nearby alley and get away.

'Sounds like Bob Roth's voice!' Mari cried.

'I never liked that greedy, insensitive, penny-pinching excuse for a human being' Luka said as he shook his head. 'Ever since he threatened you that day...' he whispered smiling lovingly at Mari.

Mari smiled back, remembering the time when Luka got akumatised into Silencer and he said that beautiful declaration of love to her.

'Marinette! Moolak?' Tikki said from her purse.

'Oh! Right! Focus! Tikki, spots on!' Mari said as she transformed into Ladybug. 'I wonder where Cat Noir is? One cataclysm on that safe and it will be all over! Oh well, I don't have time to wait!'

She takes the snake miraculous out of her yo-yo. 'Luka, can you do your best to hold him off until I come back with reinforcements?'

Luka smiled. 'Of course, my melody.' He puts on the snake bracelet and Sass appears.

'Sass, scales slither!' Luka says, as he transforms into Viperion.

They both leap away as Ladybug brings her friends their respective miraculous, all the while calling Cat Noir and leaving him messages.

Juleka looking out over the side of the Liberty.
Rose sitting in the park.
Alya and Nino hanging out in her room playing Penguino.
Max in his room doing homework.
Zoe in her hotel room.
Mylene watering her garden at home.
Kagami practising her fencing.
Kim swimming at the pool.

Ladybug sighed. I'm exhausted already, but I need everyone because without Chat, there has to be another way she thought to herself as she went back to where Moolak was.

On the way back, Rena whispered to Ladybug: 'No need to worry about the LadyCam, I have my own RenaCam!' she said showing her a little hidden lapel camera.

'Great Rena!' Ladybug smiled. 'Now if only I had a Cat NoirCam I would know where he is!'