LUKANETTE S4 - GABRIEL AGRESTE - PT 2

Marinette arrives at the Agreste mansion in her waitress attire, right on 6:30 and is directed through the staff entrance.

'Head waitress in sight!' Marinette says through the communicator.

'Good luck, Marinette!' Alya says to Marinette through the communicator back at the Liberty.

'Hi there!' Marinette greets the head waitress. 'I'm Marinette, Adrien asked me to help out since one of the waiters was ill!'

'Oh! Nice to meet you. Yes, Adrien did mention you'd be coming. My name is Sarah. Here's the deal, this is a very private party with very important people! We have to be invisible. The only contact we'll have with Gabriel Agreste will be when he takes our fingerprints to check our identities.

'Oh, ok, sure!' Mari replied.

'We're just here for food prep in the kitchen and overseeing the young people. The robots will be serving the adults. Follow me, everything will be fine!' Sarah said.

'Okay!' Marinette replied as she followed after her.

In the Agreste mansion, Gabriel was using his tablet to do all of his security measures. It was almost time for his guests to start arriving.

Gabriel locks his office. 'Office locked, check.' He closes the curtains. 'Dining room, check. Accessories, check.'

A van arrives outside the mansion.

'Catering, check. Activate scrambler...'

The doorbell rings. Adrien's bodyguard goes to the door, but Gabriel interrupts him.

'You handle the cellphone scrambler, I'll take care of greeting my guests.'

Adrien's bodyguard goes to the table full of remotes, and presses a remote button, due to which all the window shutters start to open and close automatically. He presses another button due to which robots come out and start circling the bodyguard. He presses another button, due to which everything becomes normal.

'Welcome' Gabriel says to his guests as they enter.

The guests scan their fingerprints onto Gabriel's tablet, and wear the provided masquerade masks.

Marinette and Sarah enter and also get their fingerprints scanned.

'Thank you.' Gabriel says.

'I'm in!' Marinette whispers.

'Yes, well done!' Alya replies.

André and Audrey arrive with Chloe. 'How come you're doing all the work tonight, Gabriel? If you needed more servants, you just have to ask us to lend you more' Audrey says.

'Welcoming you is never work, dear Audrey' Gabriel replies, as he kisses her hand.

Amelie and Felix are heading toward the entrance. Gabriel tenses up at seeing Felix and drops the finger scanning tablet he's holding, but manages to catch it. His scarf comes loose and he adjusts his scarf to hide the brooches, but Felix happens to notices them anyway.

Amelie greets him. 'Gabriel! I'm so happy to be able to thank you in person for giving our family's ring back to Felix' she says, as she kisses his cheeks.

'It was the sensible thing to do, Amelie' Gabriel replies.

Adrien smiles. 'That was very thoughtful of you, Father.'

Marinette says to Sarah 'I can handle serving the young people, after all, I am one!'

'I'd much rather you stay in the kitchen' Sarah replied.

Alya spoke into the communicator. 'No, you'll never get any gossip in there! Show her she's making the wrong choice, Marinette!'

Marinette enters the kitchen. She crashes onto a number of objects.

'Oh, no! I'm so clumsy!' Marinette says, pretending.

Sarah sighs. 'Okay, you take care of the kids.'

Marinette comes out of the kitchen with a tray of drinks.

Chloe walks up to Felix. 'Oh look, it's the fake Adrien! If I was anyone, other than Chloe Bourgeois, you might actually have me fooled!'

Felix imitates Adrien. 'You're wrong, Chloe, I am Adrien!'

Chloe gasps, thinking he is Adrien. 'Oh! I'm so sorry, Adrien!'

Felix laughs. 'You're still just as foolish as ever, Chloe Bourgeois.'

Felix walks away and Chloe gets angry at him. Adrien closes the door after Kagami and her mother arrive.

Gabriel locks the door from his tablet.

Gabriel makes an announcement. 'All cellphones will be secured safely for the duration of the evening.'

The robot glides in front of Chloe, and opens its tray.

Gabriel says, 'I'm sure you understand how essential privacy is when important business is on the line.'

Chloe sighs, before inserting her phone into the robot's tray. Gabriel turns on the cellphone scrambler, which interferes with Marinette's communicator. Marinette removes the communicator.

Back at the Liberty, they realise the communicator is no longer working.

'They must have turned on a soundwave scrambler in the house' Alya says, 'That's a shame.'

'I'm sure Marinette will be fine!' Alix replied.

Please stay safe, my melody Luka thinks to himself.

Back at the Agreste mansion, Gabriel says, 'Adrien, show your young friends up to your room.'

'Yes, father' Adrien replies.

Felix also starts to go along with them buts Gabriel stops him.

'Felix. May I see you for a moment?' Gabriel asks him.

Gabriel and Felix enter Gabriel's atelier and Gabriel shuts the door.

'Why did you steal my ring, Felix?' Gabriel asks.

'Mom really wanted me to have it since it belonged to her family.' He takes the ring off his finger. 'But you really wanted to keep it, so I planned on giving it back to you tonight.'

Gabriel takes the ring from Felix. 'Hmm. Your mother will be upset if you do that.'

'Don't worry, uncle' Felix says, holding up his hand showing that he's wearing another ring. 'She won't know. I had a copy made.'

'You're an intelligent young man, Felix' Gabriel replies.

Felix exits the room and goes to the staircase, smiling mischievously and takes the left staircase. Meanwhile, Gabriel comes out of the room and takes the right staircase and enters Nathalie's room. Felix follows him and stands outside the room, eavesdropping on their conversation.

'I know each and every scratch on Emilie's ring! It's a fake ring!' Gabriel angrily throws the ring. 'He gave me a fake ring! How dare he?!'

Outside the room, Adrien calls Felix from outside his room, waving. 'Hey, Felix! Are you coming?'

Felix leaves the place, waving back, and goes with Adrien.

'Akumatize him, then make him tell you where he's put Emilie's real ring and get it back' Nathalie suggests.

'If I do that, he'll know that I'm Shadow Moth.' Gabriel punches the table. 'Who else would want that ring?'

'You're forgetting how immense your powers are now. You can be the Gabriel who creates negative emotions and the Shadowmoth who akumatizes them at the same time' Nathalie smiles.

'Brilliant idea, Nathalie!'

He removes his glasses and places them on the table. He takes off his scarf to transform.

Gabriel: 'Duusu, Nooroo, dual metamorphosis!' Gabriel says as he transforms into Shadowmoth and takes a feather out of his Hand Fan.

'No one tricks Gabriel Agreste. But you, my lovely amok, you will deceive that arrogant young Felix! And thanks to you, I will get my ring back!'

He sends an amok into his glasses and forms a sentimonster version of himself.

Shadowmoth admires his creation. 'You're perfect!'