LUKANETTE S4 - KURO NEKO - PT 5

Later, in Adrien's room, Black Viper leaps in.

'Plagg, claws in!' Black Viper says, turning back into Viperion. Plagg flies over to his cheese, still in the bin, looks at it and shudders because it is still so mixed up, but he is so hungry he eats it anyway.

Adrien is puzzled. 'Viperion? What are you doing back here?' he asks.

Viperion scratches the back of his neck nervously. 'Well, the thing is... the cat miraculous, it really isn't me, to be honest. Please will you reconsider and take it back?'

Adrien shakes his head. 'No. It's yours. I'm useless when I'm around. Maybe that's why I have been less helpful.'

Viperion sighs. 'But Adrien...I didn't even get to use my catclysm. True, Ladybug maybe doesn't need the power of destruction to defeat every akuma. But she doesn't always need the power of second chance either. But that doesn't make me feel any less valued or left out. Besides, Ladybug still needs Cat Noir. Because you know why?'

Adrien looks at him with awe. 'No, why?'

'You have great ideas. She's not always able to come up with the solutions to her lucky charm riddles without you! You're not useless or less helpful. Sure, you went MIA at certain times, but that doesn't stop you from trying to help out at least. Yes, she may have more help than you when you're not around on most occasions. But that doesn't stop her from not trusting you.'

Adrien smiles, realising he is right.

'It can't just be you two against the world, sometimes she has to have a helping hand, no matter how big or small the situation is. Besides, it's not fair to put all of Paris on both of your shoulders. This is our home too, so the whole team is with you. We all have different gifts and strengths and weaknesses. But we all complement each other and help each other out. Like it or not, you're an integral part of the team. And Ladybug can't be without you.'

Adrien smiled. 'Okay...I'll be Cat Noir again' he said.

'Hallelujah!' Plagg replied. 'Praise be to Camembert!'

Viperion smiled and gives him back the cat ring. 'Well, I should get going....'

'Wait...can I ask you something?' Adrien asked him.

'Of course, Adrien, what is it?' Viperion replied.

'Ladybug said you found out my identity when we fought Wishmaker, right?'

'Yeah...'

'I remember...I wanted to get hit. I couldn't remember my childhood dream...' Adrien sighed. 'Please tell me what my childhood dream was Luka' he said sadly, with tears in his eyes.

'You just looked like...yourself. You said you wanted to be whatever your parents wanted you to be.' Viperion replied.

'Really?' Adrien said sadly. 'That seems so, pathetic' he sighed.

Viperion smiled and put his hand on Adrien's shoulder. 'Hey, it's okay. You're still young, you still have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do. Remember what I told you that day? There is no one way to be Adrien. Just listen to your inner music and you will figure it out soon enough.'

'Thanks Luka' Adrien smiled as he felt better.

'Besides, being Cat Noir is a pretty cool job, being able to protect Paris!' Viperion replied.

'Does that mean Cat Noir is who I am, deep down inside?' Adrien asked.

Plagg flies over to him. 'You're not Cat Noir, but you're not Adrien either. You're both! You're the perfect son who's extremely successful in everything he does. But you're also Cat Noir, who just wants to enjoy life and have fun. One can't exist without the other! And I sure am glad to have both of you back!'