LUKANETTE S4 - SIMPLEMAN - PT 2

She opens her computer and plays the movie. Seeing the kids finally settle, she plops on her chair and sighs in relief just right before her phone began to ring. She brings out her phone and sees Adrien calling her.

'Adrien? I wonder what he wants?' Marinette says as she presses the answer button on her phone.

Marinette: "Hey Adrien, what's up?"

Adrien: "Hey Marinette. I have a bit of a favour to ask you."

Marinette: 'You need me to do you a favour? Well ordinarily, I'd love to but..."

Adrien: "See, the problem is we're filming a commercial at the Eiffel Tower, but the wings that I'm wearing for it has a wardrobe malfunction. And since you're so good at sewing, I thought you could come and fix them for us!"

Marinette: "There isn't anyone else you could ask?"

Adrien: "They wouldn't arrive here fast enough. Please say you'll come help!"

Marinette: "Well, the thing is I'm kinda busy babysitting and..."

Adrien: "Please Marinette, it would mean so much to me!"

Marinette: (sighs) "Okay...I guess I could ask someone else to watch the kids for a few minutes."

Adrien: "Great! See you soon!"

Marinette hangs up and calls Luka.

Luka: "Hi my melody. What's up?"

Marinette: "Hey Luka, I was wondering if you're not busy you could come watch four kids while I run an errand for someone?"

Luka: "Sorry Marinette, no can do. Jukela, Dad and I are having a jam session. Today was the only day we could schedule to have it for months. Otherwise, I would have been right over."

Marinette: "Oh, that's okay, I can ask someone else!"

Luka: "I'll meet you later this afternoon though at Cafe de Flores. My treat. Say 4pm?"

Marinette: "Sounds great Luka! Bye!"

Mari hangs up. Oh, right, I still need a temporary sitter! She thinks to herself.

'Who were you talking to on the phone?' Manon asks.

'Well Adrien needs me to go to the Eiffel Tower to do him a favour and for some reason I hate saying no to people!' Probably why I have my hands full with four kids Mari sighs to herself.

'Then let us come too!' Manon replies as Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris grab their backpacks which shows Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Rena Rouge on their backpacks.

'It's gonna be so cool to see the Eiffel Tower!' Manon said.

'I wanna climb all the way to the top!' Chris says.

'W-Wait a second! You guys can't go, you'll get in the way of their filming!' She puts their backpacks back and pushes Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris. 'You're gonna be good, and stay...Oh...'

Marinette remembers this morning and thinks about her mom and dad leaving.

'We're off to the Chocolate Convention. See you tonight, sweetheart.' Tom had said.

That won't work! She calls her grandmother.

Gina: "I'm learning kung fu in China, sweetie. Remember? Oh! And I met a little girl who reminds me so much of you."

Marinette sighs. Nope...

Finally, she thinks about her grandfather and calls him.

Rolland: "Why would I want to go out? I like it just fine here at home!"

Marinette: (smiles) "That's perfect!"

Rolland: "What's perfect?... Marinette?" 'Oh, she's gone, well, back to baking!'

Five minutes later, Mari and the kids arrive at Rolland Dupain's house, Mari with her laptop computer in hand.

Rolland takes one look at the four kids. "No, no, no, and no again! Babysitting is too complicated! I got Brioche loaves to bake and- "

'YAY!' Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris say as they rush inside Rolland's house.

Marinette chuckles and walks inside.

'Wow!' Manon says as she picks up a vinyl. 'What's this frisbee made of?'

Marinette gasps. 'No, it's fragile!' she says.

'Yeah, yeah, yeah!' Chris says.

'Chris, no! STOP! Put that down! Remember what I said!' Marinette says.

Chris puts down what he was holding.

'First, a game of darts, then I'll show you kids how to make a potato cannon!' Rolland says.

'YEAH!' Ella and Etta exclaim.

'NO!' Marinette chuckles. 'Forget the potato cannon and the darts. Too dangerous. Just keep it simple, Grandpa! Let them watch a cartoon!'

'YEAH!' Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris say together.

Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris rush to the couch in excitement.

'You call that "simple"?' Rolland exclaims. 'What are all these buttons anyway, and where do you put the video cassette?!'

Marinette smiles. 'This is a laptop computer, and this is the keyboard. You don't need a cassette. The film is already on the hard drive.'

'Now you want me to drive somewhere to get the film? But that's not how it's done!' Rolland replies.

'Don't worry, Grandpa. You don't have to drive anywhere! The kids know how to use it' Marinette reassures him.

Rolland notices Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris smiling at him as Marinette kisses Rolland on the cheek.

Marinette smiles. 'I'll be back as soon as I can. Thank you, Grandpa! Be good, kids! Goodbye!' She closes the door.

'Hmm...' Rolland replies, still confused by this movie playing on the laptop.

Outside, Marinette leaves Rolland's house and holds the gate shut.

'Okay Tikki, let's go get this over with and help Adrien!' Marinette says to her Kwami as she rushes off.

Inside, Rolland puts both of the bread in the oven and hears Cat Noir, offscreen and on the laptop.

Cat Noir: "Cataclysm!"

Rolland shuts the oven door and walks over to Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris watching "Ladybug PV" on the laptop.

'Hang on. I don't get it. The villain is that cat girl?' Rolland asks them.

Etta giggles. 'Of course not! He's a boy!'

'And Cat Noir's a good guy!' Chris adds.

'Since when do good guys break everything?' Rolland asks.

'He's not breaking stuff! He's doing the Cataclysm thing to help Ladybug win!' Manon says.

'Oh, okay. So, this Mime guy, he's the bad guy?' Rolland asks.

'No! Hawk Moth is the bad guy. He waits until the Mime gets really mad so he can akumatize him. And then he makes him think Ladybug and Cat Noir are the bad guys!' Ella says.

'Argh! So complicated! In my day, telling good guys from bad guys was much simpler! They would just fight each other and whoever was the strongest one wins!'

'Oh, but Ladybug never hits anybody, 'cause she has her Lucky Charm!' Manon says.

'Oh, what was this thingalucky now?' Rolland asks.

'It's a thing she uses with other stuff to catch the akuma!' Chris says.

'And then she wins!' Etta says happily.

'Stop, stop' Rolland says. 'This is way too complicated! Let's just watch my VHS copy of the '98 World Cup finals. At least that's something simple!'

Rolland turns off the laptop with his VHS copy, and Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris are saddened.

'NOOOOOOOOOO!!!' Manon, Ella, Etta and Chris say sadly.