LUKANETTE S4 - ROCKETEAR - PT 1

Carapace was helping Ladybug and Cat Noir in the sports field. Anne-Jeanne and Ladybug had gone to find a training call for some T-Rex's she had brought back from extinction, thanks to Markov's theory.

'Hey, do you think T-Rexes eat a lot?' Carapace asked Cat Noir.

'Well, we're about to find out unless Ladybug gets back real soon!' Cat Noir replies nervously.

Ladybug shows up, and she is with Anne-Jeanne Théoxanne du Bocquale.

'It's all good! We found the dino call!' Ladybug said happily.

Anne-Jeanne chuckled. 'It rolled under my cyclotron.'

'I never doubted you for a minute LB!' Cat Noir grinned.

One of the dinosaurs breaks Carapace's protective shield. Anne-Jeanne blows through her call and relieves the dinosaurs.

Anne-Jeanne rubs one of the T-Rex's bellies. 'Oh yes! Who's the good little T-Rex? You are! Coochie-coochie-coochie-coochie-coo!!'

'Now there's something you don't see every day!' Cat Noir says, scratching his head.

Ladybug notices Carapace is sad.

'Everything okay, Carapace?' she asks him.

'Oh, yeah! Yeah, yeah.' Carapace replies, but not very convincingly.

'Pound it!' Ladybug, Cat Noir and Carapace say together, doing a triple fist bump.

Ladybug turns to Anne-Jeanne. 'Good luck with your good little T-rexes, Mrs. du Bocquale!'

Ladybug, Carapace and Cat Noir leap away.

'Bye!' Anne-Jeanne replies as she waves her hand.

She sighs. 'Maybe it wasn't the best idea to bring you dinosaurs back to life. What am I gonna do with you guys now? You're gonna eat my entire food budget.'

Bob Roth appears in a helicopter with a speaker. 'I'll buy them from you! I'll put them on an island and turn it into a theme park! I'll be rich!' he says laughing.

On the Paris rooftops, Cat Noir is going back home, Carapace is going to a safe place with Ladybug to hand-over his Miraculous, whereas Rena Rouge is hiding behind the wall.

'Catch you later!' Cat Noir calls out to Ladybug and Carapace.

Rena witnesses they are going back safely.

'Shell off!' Carapace says as he detransforms back into Nino.

Nino hands the Turtle Miraculous back to Ladybug.

'Thanks!' Ladybug says, but she notices Nino is still upset. 'Something's wrong, isn't it?'

Nino looked sheepish. 'Well, uh..., well, I was just wondering... why wasn't Alya- I mean, Rena Rouge, here today?'

'Oh, uh... because ... we actually needed her for an important mission to protect our identities.'

'Oh, ok. It would still be nice to see her every once in a while...' Nino replied.

Ladybug sighs. 'I know Nino. And you will! It's just that what she does is important for your safety. For everybody's safety. Bug out!' She says as she leaves.

Nino still feels upset and sadly leaves.

In the sewers, Ladybug opens the lid and goes down while Rena Rouge hides behind a wall.

'We weren't followed? No sign of Shadow Moth's traps?' Ladybug asks her.

'Nothing to report' Rena Rouge replies.

'Perfect! You're doing splendidly Rena!' Ladybug smiled.

Alya looks sad. 'Oh dear, something's wrong, isn't it?' Not Alya too! She thought to herself.

Rena Rouge sighs. 'It's just that, what I'm doing, I don't feel like I'm contributing to the team. Are you sure I'm the best person for this role?'

'It might not feel like it, but this job is of the utmost importance. Shadowmoth has found out some of the identities of some of the holders I've given a miraculous to and has seen fit to threaten them or their family and friends' Ladybug told her.

Rena gasps. 'Not Nino!' she asked with horror in her voice.

'No, not Nino. I can't tell you who it is in order to protect his or her identity. But look at it this way. You are protecting Nino and so many others with what you're doing. You should feel proud.'

'By covering you with my power of illusion if Shadow Moth has you followed or if he ever shows himself, I can follow him. I know, I know.' She sighs. 'Thanks Ladybug. Let's rest!' Rena says, detransforming back into Alya and handing the fox necklace back to Ladybug.

'Also, please don't elaborate to Nino what I just said to you about protecting the identities of the holders. I don't want to worry him or anybody else.' Ladybug smiles.

'You got it Ladybug!' Alya replied.

'Can I still keep in touch with you via text if we need you?' Ladybug asked her.

'Of course, Ladybug. Happy to help!' she replied.

'Thanks, Alya! Appreciate it!' Ladybug replied as she ran off to detransform in secret herself.

Alya sighed. I tell Nino everything. How am I going to keep this from my own boyfriend? she wondered.

Later, in the Césaire apartment, in Alya's room, Nino is laying on Alya knees while reading a book.

Alya is feeling nervous.

'You're awfully quiet' Nino smiled. 'Usually, you're yakking my ear off about something for the LadyBlog. Today you've hardly said two words to me.'

He puts his book down and sits up, looking into her big brown eyes as she gasps quietly.

'Penny for your thoughts, pretty lady' he smiled lovingly at her, caressing her face.

Alya stutters. 'I-I, um...

'You know you can tell me anything Alya' Nino says softly.

Alya sighs. 'There's just something playing on my mind. The job Ladybug has me doing. It's just... so much pressure.'

Nino hugged her. 'How so?'

'Well, because I asked her why I have to do this more behind the scenes job, because you know the reporter in me loves being where the action is, but she told me something that was quite unsettling.'

'What?' Nino asks, breaking out of the hug and looking into her eyes again.

'Apparently some of the holders' identities were revealed to Shadowmoth, and he has been threatening them and their family and friends.'

Nino hugs her again. 'Oh Alya. That is a lot of pressure. I'm glad you told me. Don't worry, this goes no further than us. You can trust me.'

'Thanks Nino' Alya whispers. 'It feels good to get this weight off my chest.'

'I'm always here for you, you know that right?' Nino replied.

'Of course I do!' Alya replied.