LUKANETTE S4 - GLACIATOR 2.0 - PT 2

Back at the Dupain-Cheng residence In Marinette's room, Nadja Chamack was on TV: “Shockwave! Just as Ladybug and Cat Noir have been voted France's Favorite Couple, in their recent battle with Glaciator we see Ladybug throwing Cat Noir into the garbage! Are Ladybug and Cat Noir no longer an "item"?

Marinette grabs her monitor aggressively and growls in annoyance. ‘We were never an ITEM!’

She turns the TV off in annoyance.
Then her Mom calls from downstairs. ‘Marinette! Luka’s here!’

‘Oh, great, send him up!’ Marinette calls back.

Luka opens the trap door. ‘Hi my melody’ he says, in that voice of his that makes Mari go weak at the knees.
‘Oh my prince, it’s good to see you!’ Mari says hugging him. ‘It’s been a hard day so far’ she says, as he kisses her hair.

‘What’s troubling you, my melody?’ Luka asks her softly.

‘I expect you’ve heard the news?’ Mari asked him.

‘You mean about Ladybug and Cat Noir being voted “Couple of the Year?”’ Luka replied.

‘Yeah, you’re not mad about it?’ Mari asked him, surprised.

‘Well, you have saved Paris more times than anyone can count, so it’s no wonder' Luka smiled.

‘But what about the pictures they chose?’ Mari asked. ‘You’re not furious about that?’

‘To be honest, I only heard the news, I didn’t notice any pictures’ Luka replied, smiling at her lovingly.

‘Oh, good! Because I can explain' Mari told him. ‘I need some air.’

She led him up onto her balcony and they were met with the sight of a billboard with Ladybug and Cat Noir kissing.

‘Arrrgghh!’ Mari groaned angrily. ‘Just look at that! I can’t believe I have to look at this for the next however long! I don’t even remember doing that! It’s because the villain erased our memories! And this was from over a year ago!’

‘Shh...’ Luka soothed her, rubbing her back as she buried her face into his chest. ‘It’s okay my melody. Don’t beat yourself up over this. It's natural to feel angry about this. But things like this people will eventually forget. And I know I'm the only one who is in your heart’ Luka says, holding her in his arms and caressing her face.

Marinette sighs happily, leaning into his touch.
‘Luka... you’re amazing' she says softly.

‘You’re more amazing' Luka replied as Mari giggled.
He leans in and kisses her passionately.

He’s so sweet and understanding. I’m so lucky! Mari thinks to herself
When they pull away Mari asks, ‘Are you sure that photo doesn’t bother you though?’

‘Not at all. Besides, that's Cat Noir kissing Ladybug, not Marinette. Yes I know that you and Ladybug are one in the same, but I fell in love with YOU Marinette, not Ladybug...' Luka whispers.

Mari hugs him. ‘Thank you Luka!’ she whispers.

How does he always know what to say? I wish I could come up with a love declaration just as good as the one he gave to me when Bob Roth tried to steal Kitty Section’s music. But how? she wondered to herself.

Meanwhile, at Collège Françoise Dupont Courtyard. Mr. D'Argencourt's fencing class is in session.

‘Get into position!’ Mr. D'Argencourt says, as Adrien and his opponent put their masks on.

‘En garde, prêt, allez!’ Mr. D'Argencourt says as Adrien and his opponent begin to fence, but Adrien tumbles shortly after.