LUKANETTE S4 - DEAREST FAMILY - PT 6

Luka had cycled back to the Dupain-Cheng residence as Mari runs out to meet him.

'Thanks for your help, Luka!' Mari whispered as she hugs him tight.

'You're welcome my melody. How's Tikki?' he whispered.

'Much better! She can control her cravings now!' Mari replied.

'Good to hear' Luka smiled.

'Hey! Come on in you two! It's time to share the family galette!' Rolland calls to them.

'Yummy! Galette time!' Mari smiled as she grabbed Luka's hand as she led him to sit down with her family.

Luka ended up getting the charm and becoming the king.

After they ate the galette, Mari had put some crumbs in her purse and her and Luka went up to her room.

Marinette smiles at the Kwamis. 'There you go! You finally get to taste Dad and Grandpa's famous galette!'

The rest of the kwamis gather around Marinette's hand full of crumbs of galette. 'Woah!!'

'In front of Tikki..?' Sass says, in shock.

Marinette smiles. 'Go ahead! Tikki's controlling herself very well!' She pats Tikki's head with her thumb.

The Kwamis disperse after grabbing their own pieces of galette from Marinette's hand.

'I'm really sorry, Marinette. I thought I'd never have one of those craving episodes again, but the galette your family created is really an exceptional event in the culinary history of humanity!' Tikki says.

Marinette and Luka chuckle softly. 'I don't blame you, Tikki. But what are we gonna do next year on Galette Day?'

Tikki considers. 'I've given it some thought! I'm sure that I can reduce my cravings if I just eat galette more often!'

Mari, Luka and Tikki share a little laughter before Marinette gives Tikki a piece of galette.

'You make a great king, my King of Strings!' Mari smiles at Luka, who blushes.

'Thanks, my melody' Luka smiles lovingly at her. 'You'll always be my queen, my angel' he whispers as he kisses her forehead.

'Aww! You were my king today, my knight in shining armour!' Mari giggles.

'I'll be there any time you need me, my melody' he whispers as they lean in and kiss each other passionately.

Luka and Mari get ready to cycle to the Liberty to share their family galette. Rolland takes the galette that he put aside just keeping it warm in the warming oven and gives it to him.

'Thank you, Mr Dupain' Luka smiled as he put it in his front basket carefully. 'I just realised, I never paid you for it yet.'

'No charge for you, my boy!' Rolland replies.

'That's right! You get family discount!' Tom winks.

Luka blushes. 'You're too kind to me, really' he smiles.

'You just keep taking good care of our fairy, Marinetta young man!' Gina smiles.

'I will, thank you' Luka says as he smiles at Mari and squeezes her hand.

Before they head off, the Dupain-Cheng family stand outside before Gina's motorcycle gift to Marinette.

'Marinetta, we're really sorry. We got all into an argument about this bike' Gina says.

'Because each of us thought we knew what was right for you' Rolland smiles.

'But none of us thought to ask...' Tom began.

'...how you were feeling about it' Sabine finishes.

Marinette smiles. 'Actually, you all know me pretty well! This bike will be awesome, in a few years. However, I'd be super excited to have an electric mini scooter!'

Gina, Tom, Sabine, and Rolland all look at each other.

'Uh— A scooter's okay but with a helmet, right?' Tom asks.

'Of course, Dad!' Marinette smiles.

Sabine smiles. 'See, I told you she would be safe!'

Marinette and Luka smile at each other, as they get on Luka's bike and they wave goodbye.

They arrive at the Liberty and Arnaka greets them. 'Son! Marinette! You're here! Good to see ya lass!'

'Good to see you too Arnaka!' Mari replied.

'Here's the galette!' Luka says, taking it out of his bike basket and handing it to his mom.

'Wow! It's still warm! Let's share it while it's hot! Jagged and Rose are here too, chatting with Juleka!' Arnaka said as she took the galette to the dining table.

Everyone sat down to enjoy the galette together.

'Just so you know, meeting up as a family was my idea!' Jagged says.

'Oh no it wasn't you old sea dog, it was mine!' Arnaka says.

'Mine!'

'No mine!'

Marinette interrupts them. 'Please, no more arguing, I feel like I've heard enough arguing today to last a lifetime!'

'Mari's right!' Juleka says. 'Let's just say it was ALL our idea!'

'Rock and rolling idea Juleka! I agree with that!' Jagged says.

'Me too!' Arnaka says.

'Now let's enjoy this yummy galette!' Rose says happily.

Mari gets the crown in her piece of galette.

'Now we really are King and Queen!' Mari giggles, looking at Luka.

'I like the sound of that!' Luka smiles.

Meanwhile, at the Agreste mansion's repository. Gabriel is in front of Emilie's glass coffin.

'Emilie, my queen, Ladybug and Cat Noir escaped me again today, but I will never give up. I will get their Miraculous. Thanks to the all-powerful forces of destruction and creation, I'll destroy this world that took you from us to build a new one, where we'll never be apart again. I will succeed, Emilie. Whatever the cost' he says to her lifeless body.

THE END