LUKANETTE S4 - DEAREST FAMILY - PT 1

In Shadowmoth's lair, Gabriel is holding onto the magical charm he received after he akumatized himself as the Collector. He holds out his tablet while an akuma flutters around his lair, testing if he would be akumatized.

'Come here, my little akuma, and evilize me!' Gabriel orders.

The akuma flies toward his tablet, only to be blocked by a powerful force created by the magical charm. The akuma then becomes purified as it touched the force field.

Gabriel opens his tablet. 'The magical charm keeps repelling the akuma!' he said, feeling frustrated.

Nathalie from the tablet, coughing, says, 'If Ladybug was able to create a magical charm to counter the akumas, then your power is capable of evolving, too. The Grimoire is clear: the only limits to the powers of the Miraculous are those their holders set for them.'

'Duusu, Nooroo, dual metamorphosis!' Gabriel says as he transforms into Shadowmoth.

Shadowmoth places his tablet on the table with Nathalie still on the call. He takes a deep breath as a butterfly lands on his palm and concentrates on his power to create a much powerful akuma. Successfully corrupting a butterfly, it flutters from his hand.

'Reverse morphosis!' he says as he de-transforms into Gabriel.

He grabs hold of the tablet again as he summons the akuma to himself.

'Akumatize me!' For the second time, the akuma flies towards his tablet, but to no avail, as the akuma is repelled and purified once again. 'It's no use, Nathalie!'

'Don't give up! Force the power to your will. Don't forget why you're doing this, Gabriel!' Natalie replies from the tablet.

'Duusu, Nooroo, dual metamorphosis!' he says as he transforms again into Shadowmoth.

A butterfly lands on his hand, tries to corrupt it with more evil force as a purple aura envelops him, leaving Nathalie in awe inside Gabriel's tablet.

Shadowmoth continues to corrupt the akuma. 'I... can do this! I want it!' he grunts.

Successfully creating a more powerful akuma in his hand, purple lightning streaks began to form around it as it flutters away from his palm.

'Reverse morphosis!' he says as he de-transforms again into Gabriel.

'Come, megakuma. Evilize me!' Gabriel says.

The megakuma flies towards his tablet, persisting through the force of the magical charm until the megakuma destroys it, and finally landing on Gabriel's tablet, who then transforms into the Collector.

The Collector smiles. 'Finally!!'

'You did it!' Nathalie says from the tablet.

Gabriel, as the Collector, releases the megakuma from himself and de-transforms.

Gabriel smirks. 'I can't wait to see what you'll make of this, Ladybug!'

At the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, a timer ticks for five seconds and rings.

Rolland blocks Tom's hand from opening the oven. 'Not with a dish cloth, son! That's not how it's done!' Rolland wears oven mitts.

As Rolland opens the oven, a sweet, enticing scent of the galette escapes the oven and Rolland, Tom, and Sabine look at in awe. Tom places the galette on the table and grabs a piece from it, as well as Sabine and Rolland, their eyes widening in satisfaction.

'It melts in the mouth!' Rolland says.

'And yet perfectly crispy!' Tom replies.

'It's delicious!' Sabine adds. 'Congratulations! It's the first recipe you've made together: your own father-and-son King's Day galette!'

Rolland smiles. 'The perfect alliance of tradition...'

'And modernity!' Tom finishes.

Tom and Rolland come in for a hug.

In Marinette's room. Tikki is found sleeping as the delicious aroma of the galette from downstairs wakes her.

Tikki panics. 'Marinette! Marinette, what's that smell?'

Marinette had just gotten dressed into a blue white and red striped shirt and jeans and Mullo was helping her do her hair in two buns.

'It's a galette. Made for King's Day. Every year, same day, same time, whoever finds the charm in their slice gets a to wear a golden paper crown.'

'But I've never smelled anything so sweet and wonderful! May I please go and try a little bit?' Tikki asks.

'No, Tikki! No one can see you!' Marinette says as Mullo finishes her hair.

'What's going on?' Wayzz says.

'Is it breakfast time yet?' Stompp asks.

'Ooohh, I'm hungry! I'm so hungry!' Barkk adds.

Marinette stands up and smiles. 'Oh, okay. I get it...'

Downstairs, Tom brings out another fresh galette out the oven. Rolland helps him cook two more, putting the raw galettes on the pan as Tom brings the tray back in the oven. Sabine organizes the galettes and puts them in boxes.

Marinette comes downstairs. 'Good morning!'

'Oh, it's my baby sweetiepie!' Rolland smiles and kisses her cheek.

'Did my little girl have a good night sleep?' Tom asks.

Marinette smiles. 'Yes dad! Can I please have a tiny piece of galette?'

'Marinette has always loved galettes!' Tom says as he grabs a bread knife to slice the galette before Rolland snatches it away from him.

'That's not how it's done! The tradition is that first, we sell all the galettes we made, and then we get to enjoy the very last galette together as a family! Until then, all the galettes are for the customers!' Rolland says.

Tikki, inside Marinette's purse, inhales the sweet smell of the galette. Marinette and Tom share a hearty chuckle as Tom hands her a tray of croissants.

Marinette grabs a piece of croissant. 'Thanks, Dad!' She walks to the stairs, closing the door behind her.

Tikki looks up at her. 'Where's the galette thing-y that's giving off that enchanting smell?'

Marinette smiles. 'We have to wait until later for the galette, Tikki. But you can have some of this croissant while you wait!'

Tikki flies in front of Marinette, blocking and surprising her. 'I can't wait that long, Marinette! The smell is soooo extraordinary! I have to taste whatever it is, please, please, please?'

Marinette chuckles. 'Alright. I'll go try and get you a piece. I do want to try Dad and Grandpa's new galette! Hide, Tikki!'

Tikki zooms in her purse as the both of them head back downstairs.