LUKANETTE - GANG OF SECRETS - PT 2

We walked over to the bakery as it was on the way to the swimming pool.

'Hi Mr and Mrs Dupein-Chang!' we all said as we walked in.

'Hi girls! Are you here to see Marinette?' her Mom asked us.

'Yeah, we're all going to the swimming pool together!' Alix replied.

'Oh I'm sure she'll enjoy that! I think she's upstairs in her room still, be good for her to get out and about! Go on up!' her Mom replied.

'Thanks!' we all replied in unison as we walked up the stairs.

'Marinette? Marinette?' I call out as we open the trap door.

'She doesn't seem to be here' Mylene said.

'She must be up on the balcony, I'll go check' I said.

'Look at this dollhouse guys!' Rose said as I started up the stairs to the balcony.

'Is that what she's been working on?' Alix asked.

'Awesome!' Juleka said softly.

'Maybe she's making it for Manon!' Mylene said.

'It looks like a real house!' Rose said as the trap door to the balcony opened and Marinette started coming down the stairs.

'Alya? Girls? What are you doing here?' Mari asked us.

'We're here to take you to the swimming pool for a girls day out. Didn't you get my message?' I asked, as Rose said, 'Oh look the roof comes off the house to show the inside!'
Mari gasped and suddenly pushed past me and all our friends, yelling, 'No! Don't touch that! Move away from that!'

Rose was so startled at Mari's sudden outburst that she dropped the roof she was holding, breaking it as it dropped on the floor.

We all gasped and looked at it sadly.

'I'm so sorry Marinette!' Rose exclaimed as she tried picking up the roof pieces.

'Will you please just get out of my room?' Marinette replied angrily.

'Chill out girl!' I replied. 'It's just a doll house, we'll totally help!'

'Oh no you won't! Please go!' Mari snapped back at me.

'Okay Marinette, clearly there's something wrong and we're not leaving you like this until you tell us what it is!' I replied, trying to reason with her.

'We brought you a friendship bracelet so it will remind you that you can always come to us if you have a problem!' Mylene said, holding it up.

'The only PROBLEM I have is you guys still hanging around my room touching my stuff without permission which is not cool!' Mari replied.

'Mari, we're your friends! You can confide in us and talk to us about your problems!' I replied.

'Real friends never let each other down!' Rose added.

'Well then MAYBE I don't want you to BE my friends! GET OUT!' Mari screamed in a rage.

I felt like my heart just broke into a million pieces. We sadly opened the trap door and all headed downstairs, I looked back at my best friend with tears in my eyes as she looked away with tears in her own eyes.

We all left the bakery, Marinettes Mom calling after us if everything was okay, but we were all too upset to answer.

We walked in silence back to my house, now hardly in the mood for a swim, while Luka was cycling up towards us with a big box on the back of his bike.

'Hey girls! What's up? You don't look like your normal cheerful selves' he observed.

'We wanted to give a gift to Mari and take her for a swim to remind her of our friendship and get her to relax' Mylene replied.

'But I accidentally broke her dollhouse and it made her really mad' Rose said.

'And we offered to help fix it but she didn't want our help and doesn't even want to be our friend anymore' Alix added.

'It was really bad bro' Juleka said softly.

'I'm her best friend, she always tells me what's bothering her but now she won't open up to me at all!' I said, the weight of what happened hitting me and I cried softly as Mylene comforted me.

'That doesn't sound like Marinette' Luka replied. 'Don't worry, I'll talk to her. I have a gift for her too. Maybe that will cheer her up and she'll be her friendly self again' he said as he cycled off.

Good luck, you're going to need it I thought to myself, but I guess if anyone can cheer her up it would be Luka.

We went back to my room and sat down on the bed feeling sad and deflated.

'I can't believe I just lost my best friend!' I said as I held the bracelet then gave it to Mylene.

'I really hoped it would work!' Mylene said, giving it to Rose.

'This is so sad!' Rose cried, passing it to Juleka.

'The pain hurts so bad' Juleka mumbled, giving it to Alix.

'This cannot end like this!' Alix said, gripping the bracelet in her hand.

Then an akuma landed on the bracelet and all five of us heard a new name, Shadowmoth?