LUKANETTE S4 - DEAREST FAMILY - PT 2

When Sabine opens up the bakery Luka is first in the door.

'Happy King's Day my melody!' he says, kissing Mari on her forehead.

'Aww!' Tom and Sabine say.

'You too Luka!' Mari giggled.

'I love your hair by the way!' Luka smiled.

'Thanks!' Mari blushed. 'On King's Day I like to celebrate my Chinese heritage and my French heritage, so I did a Chinese style for my hair and wearing my French flag top!'

'It suits you' Luka smiled lovingly at her. Mari blushed.

'I came to get a galette for my family before you sell out. Dad's going to come to the Liberty tonight so we can share it together as a family' Luka smiles.

'That's so great that Arnaka and Jagged are getting along!' Mari smiled.

'Yeah, they're trying to put their differences aside and make it work for Jules and I' Luka smiled.

'They said you're most welcome to come tonight as well. Mom said you're basically like family to us' Luka added.

Mari blushed. 'I'd be honoured!' she replied.

Luka smiles.

Rolland comes over to Luka. 'And Luka will join us too, no? You're a nice boy, I can see what my granddaughter sees in you!' Rolland says, putting his arm around his shoulders.

'Oh yes, Luka, you must share Kings Day with us!' Sabine agrees.

'Yes, you must!' Mari agrees as Luka blushes. 'Of course I will!' he replies.

'Then it's settled! The sooner we sell these galettes, the sooner we can start sharing the family galette!' Rolland says, licking his lips. He put one aside for Luka to keep it warm.

Tikki starts thrashing around in Mari's purse. 'Marinette!' she whispers.

'Oh right, I have a little friend here who's desperate to try some galette! But I have an idea!' she whispers to Luka.

Luka smiles.

'Um... I was just thinking, maybe we could help you by handing out little samples of the galette to the customers standing in the line outside! It'll help them stay patient!' Marinette suggests.

'Great idea!' Rolland replies.

Luka and Marinette grab a tray each of sliced galette on the table and Mari shoves a few pieces inside her purse for Tikki to munch on.

'It's nice to see that young people still have a sense of service!' Rolland says.

Outside the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, Marinette and Luka distribute pieces to the customers lined up in front of their bakery.

'Nino! Chris! Happy King's Galette Day!' Luka says to the Lahiffe brothers as they grab one piece each from the tray. 'A quartet of queens for the King's Galette!' Mari says to Alya, Nora, Ella and Etta as they grab pieces of galette from Marinette as well. 'Enjoy, girls!'

They went on with other customers to let them have a taste of the galette made by her family as all of them are put in a trance in savouring the delicious little slices of galette.

After they had given away all their samples, Luka and Mari went back to Marinette's room. Marinette comes back with the slices of galette for the other kwamis.

'Here you go! I brought you all some of that delicious ga—' Mari gasps as she finds a lethargic Tikki who finished all the slices of galette she shoved inside her purse. 'Uhh... I... must've... dropped the pieces! Sorry!' she says, as she scratches the back of her head nervously.

But the Kwamis are not convinced enough as they collectively gasp in fear.

'That'sss not what happened!' Sass says, crossing his arms.

'Tikki ate them all up!' Daizzi pouted.

Tikki flew out of Mari's purse, furious. 'Me? You're accusing me??'

The kwamis huddle together, terrified.

Marinette titters. 'You guys are joking! Tikki would never do such a thing!'

Sass sighs. 'Marinette, you know how much Tikki loves to eat, but do you really understand the Kwami of Creation's appetite for food?'

'It's a gourmet craving of cosmic dimensions!' Stompp cries.

Sass continues. 'The pastry your father and his father created together is exceptional, unique. I'm afraid its impact on Tikki will—'

'You're exaggerating, Sass. It's just a galette!' Marinette replies.

'I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I think you don't know Tikki as well as you think you do' Sass tells her.

Tikki glares at the kwamis angrily.

'What?! Of course, I know her! I can say that I know her better than anyone!' Marinette replies.

'Don't listen to them, Marinette!' Tikki smiles. 'It's not worth getting upset about when it's so much easier just to go back and get some galette for everybody!'

The kwamis gasp in fear and huddle again.

'You're absolutely right, Tikki!' Mari smiles. 'So, everyone just stay here like good kwamis and Tikki and I will be back soon with some galette for everyone! Okay?'

The kwamis, still huddled together, nod together in agreement.

Marinette leaves and Luka goes to follow her. 'Luka, wait!' Sass says.

'We're never gonna get to taste that sublime galette!' Ziggy says sadly.

'And we'll be lucky if that's the only consequence of the Great Sweet Tooth's appetite!' Barkk adds.

Sass looks pleadingly at Luka. 'You have to trust me on this! This isn't the first time the Kwami of creation has gone crazy over sweet treats. There was a time she made it rain chocolate mousse for 8 weeks straight!'

'Really?' Luka gasped.

'It's up to you Luka! Keep an eye on Tikki and try to make Marinette realise the severity of this situation!' Sass said with a serious look.

'I will Sass! Don't worry!' Luka says as he leaves and re-joins Marinette downstairs.

Marinette goes to the bakery downstairs with Tikki to grab some galette.

'I'm sorry. The distribution took so long and the galette samples smelled so good!' Tikki whimpers.

Marinette smiles. 'Don't worry, there'll be enough for everybody! There's no need to react like they did.' She opens the door to the bakery and Luka comes out to join her shortly after.

Mayor Bourgeois was tugging a galette box from Rolland. 'I promise to erect a statue in your honour in front of City Hall in exchange for your last galette!'

'That's not how it's done! The Dupain-Chengs eat the last galette-' He hits André with a baguette continuously. '-together as a family!' He snatches the box of galette and pushes André out of the bakery. 'Get out of here! Away, you felon!' He closes the bakery door. 'Ahh, so, shall we enjoy this last galette?'