LUKANETTE - TRUTH - PT 4

After rehearsal, I'd decided because Marinette was so open and honest with me that I always wanted to be the same with her. I took her to my special place. Under a bridge where the setting sun reflected off the water.

Mari gasped. 'Luka, this is beautiful! I love it!' she sighed happily.

I smiled. 'This is my favourite place to come to whenever I find things get too overwhelming.'

I took her hands in mine. 'My melody, I want this to be your place to come to, whenever you feel like you need to escape. If you listen closely, the sound of the water here sounds like a melody.'

Mari closed her eyes and sighed happily. 'You're right Luka, it is beautiful' she said softly as she opened her beautiful bluebell eyes and stared into mine.

'You're more beautiful' I whispered as she blushed and I leaned in and kissed her lips gently.

'Dance with me?' I whispered and she nodded as I held her close as we swayed to the melody of the water.

Mari sighed happily in my arms. 'I can't believe that you would share your special place with me my love' she said softly.

'Of course, what's mine is yours my angel' I whispered in reply. I could happily stay like this forever, but I knew it wouldn't last.

'I can't believe that anyone as laid back as you being overwhelmed by anything' Mari said as we stopped dancing after a while.

As I said before, I always wanted to be honest with her. This meant bringing up something from my past that infuriated me.

'Well, in all honesty' I began, 'I always from a young age wanted to know who my father is. But my mom would never tell me. She always said that I wasn't old enough to know. I only asked her again just the other day and she still said that I wasn't old enough. I mean, I'm almost 17, how old is old enough? I just feel like a part of me is missing. I deserve to know. It's just not fair. So, when I can't deal with it all I come here for solace.'

I clenched my fists and could feel the anger rising within me as I shared this information about this hole in my heart. I hadn't noticed but an akuma and an amuck had shown up.

'Oh...Luka' Marinette began to say but then she gasped as she saw the akuma and amuck land on my necklace. Of all things to have a horrible akuma land on, it had to be my most prized possession made with love by my melody. It was like I was keeping a part of her near my heart always. Since Mari gave it to me, I never took it off. I even showered and slept with it on. And now this akuma and amuck were defiling it.

I began to hear Hawkmoth's familiar voice inside my head, but now he was calling himself Shadowmoth. I could hear Mari yelling out to me to resist, and saying something about how this was all her fault that she brought it up, but Shadowmoth's voice was louder. I didn't want my beloved to blame herself or have to try to save me, but my desire to know the truth about who my father was, was stronger.

'Run Marinette!' I managed to get out as Shadowmoth's power took me over. He gave me a powerful sentimonster controlled by the amuck called a light eye to force whoever it put under its spotlight to freeze and a truth beam to enable them to only tell the truth in answering any question they were asked.

I knew exactly where I was heading for next.

I hurried over to the Liberty. Juleka, Rose and a few of our other friends were hanging out there. But I couldn't see the person I wanted to talk to.

I jumped on board as everyone gasped. 'Where is Arnaka Couffaine?' I asked sternly.

Everyone was too terrified to answer me. Most likely because of my transformation, they didn't even know who I was. My light eye put Rose in the spotlight but Juleka jumped in front of her instead. That was so like Juleka. She really loves her friend and soul mate. I didn't really want to get her involved because of her anxiety but I was too caught up in my desire to know the truth to care. After all, since we're twins, whoever my father was, was going to be her father too. It was nothing personal. I had asked Juleka in the past whether she would like to find out. She didn't really mind either way. I had always thought that maybe it's because she has our mom as her role model, and don't get me wrong, I love our mom more than anything. But maybe it was me who desired the truth more because I never had a male role model growing up. Maybe it's a guy thing, I don't know. I just wanted to know and I was going to use any means necessary to do that.

I shot a beam that turned Juleka's lips white forcing her to now tell me the truth.

'I'll ask again, where is Arnaka Couffaine?' I repeated in the same demanding tone.

'She's downstairs I guess' Juleka mumbled. I turned around to head downstairs, but Mom had just come up the stairs.

'What's all the commotion up here?' Mom asked. Then she saw me. 'Hey, what are you doing on board my ship, pirate?'

My light eye quicky let Juleka go as she dropped to her knees on the deck and Rose comforted her as it went over and froze my mom and I turned her lips white.

'I'll ask the questions! It's time to tell me the truth Mom! Who is my father?' I demanded.

'Luka, your father is Jagged Stone' she replied.

Everyone gasped, including myself.

'No, no, that can't be right! Who is really my father?' I asked again.

'Jagged Stone' she said again.

I was shocked to say the least. I couldn't believe it. My favourite performer who I admired and looked up to my whole life didn't even want to be a part of my life? Really? Just left my mom to take care of two kids on her own?

I leapt away. I had to find Jagged and confront him. But Ladybug and Cat Noir found me first.

My light eye froze Ladybug. Then I heard Shadowmoth's voice. 'Shoot your beam at her Truth, and find out Ladybug's identity!'

But this time my love for my melody was stronger than Shadowmoth's control. I had found out what I wanted to find out. There was no way I was going to let Shadowmoth find out what he wanted to find out.

'No, I won't do it! I will never let you win Shadowmoth!' I screamed and I managed to resist it with so much positive energy that I detransformed. Shadowmoth's power over me was gone and the akuma and amuck went out of my necklace, now white, and began flying away.

The light eye sentimonster disappeared, freeing Ladybug in the process. She looked in shock for a few seconds before coming back down to earth.

I had collapsed in exhaustion and I lay on the ground, watching everything unfold. It turns out that resisting an akuma and amuck takes a lot out of someone. I was exhausted, it felt like all the energy was drained from my body.

Cat Noir had come over to me as I slowly sat up. 'Hey, you okay?' he asked me as he held out his hand to me which I gladly took as he helped me up.

'I'm okay' I replied. 'Just...very exhausted.'

'I'm not surprised!' Cat Noir replied. 'That's the first time I have ever seen someone able to break free themselves from an akuma like that! I imagine it must take a lot out of you.'

'Miraculous Ladybug!' Ladybug exclaimed as she threw her lucky charm in the air and any damage I had caused was fixed.

Ladybug came over to us. 'Pound it!' her and Cat Noir said together as they did a fist bump.

Then Ladybug's miraculous started to beep. 'Better get going m'lady!' Cat Noir said. Something about that name he called her irked me.

'Don't call me m'lady any more Kitty, I told you I have a boyfriend!' Ladybug replied.

That's my sweet melody I thought to myself and smiled, hoping Chat didn't see.

'Oops, sorry LB, I forgot! Until next time!' Chat replied as he used his baton to leap away.

Ladybug grabbed me and swung me away to a secluded alleyway and detransformed just in time.