LUKANETTE - GANG OF SECRETS - PT 1

ALYA'S POV

It was a Saturday morning and I was bored as all heck in my room. Nino had a deejaying gig out of town so I couldn't catch up with him. My older sister had taken the twins to some kids movie to keep them occupied.

I know! I thought to myself. I'll see if the girls wanna go swimming or something! And this is the perfect excuse to take Mari out for a long time coming girls day out! I mean I know she loves Luka and goes out with him when she can, but surely he won't mind if we borrow her for a little girl bonding for a while!

I called up Mylene, Alix, Rose and Juleka and they were all excited to go. Now I just had to call Marinette.

I called her but it went to voicemail. She's probably out for brunch with her lover boy I thought to myself.

'Hi, you've reached Marinette! Please leave a message after the beep! BEEP!'

'Hey girl, it's your BFF! The girls and I are going swimming at the pool at 12 for a girly afternoon of fun! No boyfriends allowed! Get your swimmers and a towel and be ready! I won't take no for an answer! We'll pick you up at 11:45! See you then!'

I texted the girls to meet up at my place at 11. We all went to my room.

'Okay, today is going to be Operation Marinette!' I exclaimed.

'Yeah, she looked so overwhelmed the other day when we Skype called her!' Mylene replied.

'Do you think it was because of Luka?' Alix asked.

'I don't think so, she's always been able to get full sentences out in front of Luka and never looks nearly as flustered with him now like she used to be with Adrien' I replied with a wink.

'Yeah, they look so cute together!' Rose piped up.

'Ya, my bro said he is so happy when he's with her' Juleka mumbled.

'I think she just needs to take some time to relax and escape from school work and designing for a while!' I added.

'How about we give her a friendship bracelet?' Mylene said. 'That way, every time she looks at it, she'll be reminded of the fact that we're always here for her, if things get too much!'

'Yeah, she always helps us with so much! Remember the time she helped you break your photo curse by organising a private photo shoot in her own time Jules?' Rose asked her friend.

'Ya!' Juleka smiled and nodded.

'That's true!' I said. 'She's always been such a good friend to us, it's time we do something for her and make sure we give her the best day out ever!'

'Everyone take a bead and write your name on it! Then we can give one to Marinette to write her name on and when she wears it, she'll be reminded of our friendship circle forever!' Mylene smiled.

'Great idea Mylene!' Rose replied as we all grabbed a big round bead and some permanent markers and all wrote our names.

'Now for the final touch to seal in our names and make it waterproof!' Mylene said as she opened the window of my room and got a piece of newspaper and laid the beads on it. She got out a can of clear glossy glitter spray paint and sprayed it on to seal all our names in.

Rose gasped. 'Ooh it's so sparkly! Marinette is going to love it!'

Mylene got out a little hand held fan to speed up the drying process.

'Wow! You thought of everything Mylene!' Alix exclaimed.

She smiled. 'There! They're all dry! I'll put them on the bracelet now and then when Mari does hers we can add it on later!'

'Great! Let's go to the bakery now!' I said as it was almost 11:30.