LUKANETTE S4 - EPHEMERAL - PT 7

On a bright Sunday morning, Marinette had slept in a little bit.

Her phone beeped as Adrien had sent her a text:

"Hey Marinette! My father tells me that there's a fashion show playing at the cinema this morning at 11am. We thought it might inspire your designs! No need to buy a ticket, just come right in, it's playing in cinema 2. I'll be there too!"

Marinette smiled. "Sounds great! I'll be there!" she texted back.

Luka texted her as well: "Morning melody ❤ Did you sleep well?"

Marinette: "Very well! Adrien has invited me to some fashion show playing at the cinema this morning. He thought it could inspire my designs."

Luka: "Sounds fun! Wanna meet up for ice-cream after?"

Marinette: "Sure! Meet up outside the cinema at 12:30?"

Luka: "See you then angel 😘"

Marinette arrives at the cinema at 10:58 and walks into cinema 2.

'That's weird, there's no-one here yet' she whispers to Tikki.

Marinette sits in the front row and waits for Adrien. Shadownoir enters in the back.

Marinette sees a dark figure enter and can't make out who it was in the dim light. Thinking that it was Adrien who entered, Marinette gets up and says, 'Adrien?' before her eyes adjust, realizing it was Shadownoir.

Shadownoir grins. 'Hello, Ladybug.'

Marinette gasps. 'Tikki, spots on!' She transforms into Ladybug.

'Lucky Charm!' she cries, activating her power. She receives a watch with the time at 1:00am.

Shadownoir laughs. 'Could this be the hour of your defeat?'

Ephemeral touches Ladybug. 'I'm sorry, I promise this won't take long.' He inserts the energy into his chest, speeding up Ladybug's de-transformation.

'A-Adrien? Don't do this, let me help you!' Ladybug cries.

Shadownoir grins. 'Time flies when we're having fun!' Ladybug starts to run away.

'Running is pointless! In just a few seconds you'll be a simple young girl without powers again!' Shadownoir cries.

Ladybug takes a picture of the watch and sends it to Luka right before she de-transforms.

In Luka's and Juleka's room on the Liberty, Luka receives a message while playing his guitar.

Ladybug: "SOS get Sass!" with a photo of the watch.

Luka gasps. 'Melody!' He runs out of his room, passing Juleka and Rose chatting in the living room.

'Hey, where are you going in such a hurry?' Juleka asks him.

'Sorry sis, can't talk, Marinette needs me!' he yelled back, grabbing his bike and cycling over to the bakery as fast as his legs could carry him.

Meanwhile at the cinema, Shadownoir grabs a terrified Marinette.

'Those earrings are MINE!!!' Shadownoir cries.

Marinette screams back, 'NO! NO! ADRIEN, HELP!'

Shadownoir gets a hold of her earrings.

'I'm sorry Marinette. But we're doing this to bring back my mother' Adrien replies.

'Your m-mother?' Marinette says in shock as Shadowmoth gets the earrings.

Shadownoir smiles with a crazy expression. 'Ah!' He throws Marinette away. 'Yes! My greatest wish will finally come true! And I'll get to be with my beloved Emilie once again!'

Luka reaches the Dupain-Cheng residence, and crashes into the door with his bicycle, screeching to a halt inside the bakery, much to the shock of Marinettes parents.

'Sorry! Marinette sent me!' Luka cries, running upstairs to her room.

'Sass, Sass!' Luka cries as all the Kwamis came out of hiding. He shows Sass the picture on his phone. 'Marinette sent me this. I think she wants me to go back to this exact moment. But I can no longer do that, right?'

Sass smiles. 'You can't, but I can. I can go back to any temporal marker that has been placed in the past.'

'But when a Kwami uses their power without a holder it always has disastrous consequences!' Barkk says.

'The situation must really be desperate for the guardian to suggest that!' Wayzz replies.

A harsh red light flashes from outside, along with a loud bang.

The Kwamis start to panic. 'Oh no! Not that, not again! It's the end of the world!' Ziggy cries.

'What's going on?' Luka asks them.

'Shadowmoth must have taken control of Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous, and he made a wish!' Sass says.

'But what has that got to do with the end of the world?' Luka asks, confused.

'Imagine the world as your school notebook. Everything inside is written in blue, but now you want it to be red instead. Before you can rewrite anything in the colour you'd like, you have to erase everything that's already been written in blue!' Sass replies.

'That's what happens when someone makes a wish! The universe is destroyed, and then entirely rebuilt! But who knows how...' Barkk adds.

The light from outside flashes more intensely, along with another loud bang.

Luka gasps. 'Sass, hurry!'

'Second Chance!' Sass cries out as he reverts time.

Time is reverted back to when Ladybug starts the countdown on top of the Eiffel Tower, while waiting for Cat Noir.

Ladybug: "The countdown has begun. It's 1 am, and we've got just five minutes before you transform back. So we've got to be done by 1:05. If anything goes wrong, you'll rewind on my signal."

Cat Noir upon landing on top of the Eiffel Tower sighs. 'I'm sorry, but I really couldn't make -'

The lights are flashing alternately, while the malfunctioning cars are making a lot of noise.

Ladybug is confused. 'What on earth is happening?'

Multiple time anomalies are showing up.

'It's like history's all jumbled up!' Ladybug exclaims.

Jeanne d'Arc appears behind them. 'Hark, what are those voices I hear? Bertrand? Gilles? My, what sorcery is this?' Jeanne d'Arc groans and tries to tackle them, but disappears in time.

'Time has gone crazy! Or maybe I have...' Cat Noir exclaims.

'I have a bad feeling about this. Viperion! Viperion, can you hear me? Follow me!' Ladybug says as she and Cat Noir head down to the sewers.

In the sewers, Viperion is having trouble communicating with Ladybug.

Viperion: "Ladybug, can you hear me?"

Ladybug and Cat Noir come running up. 'Viperion! I've gotta talk to Sass!' Ladybug exclaims.

'Scales rest!' Viperion says as he de-transforms into Luka.

'I'm so sorry, Ladybug, I had no choice!' Sass says.

'Don't panic Sass. What happened?' Ladybug asks him.

'I'm not really sure. I just saw a photo of a lucky charm, a watch showing 1am' Sass replies.

'Do you understand any of this?' Cat Noir asks her.

'When Kwamis use their power without a holder, it always has magical and disastrous consequences. And Sass's power is to turn back time!' Ladybug explains.

'So time has gotten all mixed up!' Cat Noir says.

Ladybug smiles at Luka. 'Stay here, Luka! I'll be back for you!'