LUKANETTE S4 - ⭐WISHMAKER - PT 3

ADRIEN'S POV

I was so tired of walking around the careers expo. 'I haven't found any career to inspire me Plagg' I said to my Kwami as I sat down on a bench and put my face in my hands. Plagg just looked up at me sadly from inside my jacket. It was okay. He didn't have to say anything. Just having a friend to listen was enough.

Then I heard a voice.

'Something wrong, Adrien?'

I looked up to see Luka and Marinette holding hands, looking concerned for me. I sighed, more upset about the fact now that I keep forgetting my crush is dating Luka. Apart from Kitty Section practice when I can make it, I hardly see him since he doesn't go to the same school as Marinette and I, so it's often easy to forget.

'I just made the rounds to every stand at the Paris Career Expo and I still don't know what I wanna do. If I don't figure it out, my father will decide for me once again' I said sadly, looking down at the ground.

Luka goes to sit beside me with Marinette sitting on the other side of Luka with Luka in the middle.

'I've always felt that modelling wasn't really your true inner music' Luka said to me.

I sighed. 'I thought things would be simple this way, that I'd be content to do what my father told me to. Like you, Luka, who decided to be a musician like your father. Or like you, Marinette, you've always known you wanted to be a fashion designer. But actually...'

'It's way more complicated' the three of us said at once. We all look at each other and laugh.

Luka smiled. 'I don't wanna be a rock-star like my dad. I make music but that's not my career, it's my nature. What I want though, is for other people to be able to feel that music. That's why I wanted to be a stringed instrument maker; to make instruments so people can create emotions with them.'

'I've always been creative' Marinette said. 'But there are so many creative careers out there I just don't know which one to choose. Like I love fashion design sure, but I also love creating album covers for Jagged, or making doll houses. There's just so much to choose from!'

'My father arranges it all for me, but when I think about what I really actually wanna do, nothing! My mind is empty! I'm completely lost!' I say in despair.

Luka smiles. 'There's no one way to become Marinette or to become Adrien to find out who you are. You just need to learn how to listen to your inner melody.'

Luka leans closer to Marinette. 'Your inner music, Marinette, at this moment, sounds like you have just one instrument playing, just a bass guitar. So, it's hard to know exactly what your inner melody is. But if you work out the other instruments to add, your melody will end up sounding really beautiful. I know you'll figure it out!'

Then Luka leans closer to me. 'Your music, Adrien, sounds like it's being muffled by someone else playing a sad piano tune, but your true melody is a happy one. Pretty rock and roll, actually.'

Luka stands up and grabs a violin I didn't even realize he had.

'You will eventually find out what you want to do, but you can't hear it clearly yet. Just let the melody flow' Luka smiled.

Luka stands from a distance and begins to play his violin. It sounded amazing; I didn't even know he played violin! Marinette and I become mesmerized as we smile and look at each other. I was trying not to blush as we stand up and go closer to where Luka is playing the violin.

'Looks like you and Luka are pretty close' I said to Marinette.

'Yeah. Sorry it didn't go well with Kagami' Marinette replied.

I smiled. 'It's okay. It's not your fault, you were trying to help. I'm sure things will be alright between us. When the time is right at least.'

Marinette smiled. 'Maybe you should call her. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you!'

'Maybe.' I smiled at her. 'Thanks Marinette.'

'So, you really haven't worked out what your future career is gonna be?' Marinette asked.

I sighed sadly. 'I don't know. I know my father will choose what I have to do. He never once given me a chance to decide what I want to do.'

Marinette smiled and put her hand on my shoulder. 'You shouldn't let him live your life for you. You're your own person. The only one who decides what you do with your life, is you.'

In that moment she reminded me of someone. But I couldn't work out who.

NOBODY'S POV

Meanwhile, Alec continues to host "You've Gotta Be Kidding". He is now standing in front of a wig booth.

'Who on earth would want to disguise himself with such a ridiculous fake hairdo? Louis XIV's reign is over. You've gotta be kidding!' Alec says.

'A wig is never a disguise, sir. On the contrary, it is always very revealing' the wig seller says as he grabs a wig and puts it on Alec, then holds a mirror for him. Alec suddenly remembers a memory from his childhood.

Alec looked sad. 'When I was a kid, I used to have long hair, but everyone made fun of me. That's why I shaved it all off. I've been making the wrong choices my whole life. My TV shows are nothing personal. I make fun of people when they make fun of me when I was a kid.' He starts to tear up. 'I should've been the person I always wanted to be!' He throws the wig off. 'I should be trying to change the world instead of mocking it!' He falls on his knees. 'I've wasted my life!'

In Shadowmoth's lair, the lair window opens.

'A man who has made bad choices because of pressure from others. A wasted life full of regrets and bitterness. What a perfect job for my akuma!' Shadowmoth says as he creates an akuma in his hand. 'Go and give that remorseful show host a new career that he won't regret!'

The akuma flies out the window and lands on Alec's microphone.

Shadowmoth speaks to him from his lair: 'Wishmaker, I am Shadow Moth. The world didn't let you realize your childhood dreams? From now on, any person you touch will have no choice but to become who they dream of being when they were a child! And when you attack Ladybug and Cat Noir, their masks will fall as their childhood dreams betray them!'

Alec smiles and stands up. 'From now on, I'll only be who I wanna be! And thanks to me, everyone will finally be able to do what they always wanted!' The purple magic engulfs him and transforms into Wishmaker.

The other people in the expo runs in fear after seeing Wishmaker transformed. Wishmaker then targets a citizen.

'Live your childhood dream!' Wishmaker says, firing a shooting star from his microphone.

'When I was a kid, I wanted to be Santa!' the toy vendor says as he transforms into Santa Claus while riding a sleigh. 'My dream has come true! Merry Christmas, everyone! I can make people happy even if it's not Christmas!' He flies off as he drops gift boxes throughout Paris.

Wishmaker jumps on the roof of Jagged Stone's limousine.

'Hey, I love your look! Rock and roll!' Jagged says as Wishmaker fires a shooting star at him.

'Live your childhood dream!' Wishmaker says.

Jagged remembers his childhood dream of him wearing a crocodile costume while chasing after a squirrel.

'Haha! I finally get to live my childhood dream! Awesome!' Jagged says as he transforms and the limo driver runs off terrified.