LUKANETTE - LIES - PT 2

The next morning, I finally took out the miraculous box I had hidden in a dollhouse I was in the process of making. It confused me. It looked like an egg-shaped disco ball.

'So... they all live in there?' I asked Tikki poking it suspiciously like it was some kind of weird cocoon.

'Yes, except for Nooroo and Duusu, who are being held captive by the bad guys' Tikki replied.

'Master Fu never let them out?' I asked.

'Only Kwamis like me who have a holder like you can go out into the human world Marinette!' Tikki replied as she was trying on the hats I made her.

'But...' I said finally getting enough courage to pick it up. 'Isn't it a bit cramped in there?'

'Oh no, there's a whole parallel world inside! Of course, being out here is much more interesting! You humans are so inventive!' Tikki replied.

I noticed a button on top of the box and pushed it. Suddenly all the Kwamis came out of it. 'Yaaah!' I cried out as I fell over in surprise.

'I thought you said they couldn't get out!' I cried as the Kwamis flew around the room.

'Now that you're the guardian, the box has become just like you! Full of surprises!' Tikki replied.

Great...just great.... I thought to myself as Mullo grabbed the hat Tikki was wearing.

'Thanks, Tikki!' she said as she flew off.

Hey, Marinette made that for me!' Tikki cried as she began to chase Mullo.

Then I saw Trixx reading my diary.

'Hey, that's my secret diary!' I cried, grabbing it and putting it away in the drawer.

Daizzi was bouncing on the on/off switch on my desk lamp. 'Day, night, day, night, day, night, this is so much fun!'

Suddenly my phone rang. Ziggy grabbed it. 'Hey, this magic device plays music, I love music!'

'Hey, give me back my phone!' I cried as I tried to grab it but Ziggy was too fast.

Suddenly I saw Kaalki had phased out of the window and was looking into the street. I gasped.

'Oh my, look! The carts are all moving on their own! There isn't a single horse to pull them along...oh!' Kaalki said as I opened the window and grabbed him.

A child on the street and his mother were staring up in disbelief.

'Look Mom...' the boy said.

I laughed nervously. 'Hehe, it's just a new talking squishy but it's not for sale yet!' I replied as I quickly pulled Kaalki back inside and closed the window.

I sat down exhausted, still holding Kaalki. Stompp and Xuppu jumped on my keyboard turning it on as a Skype call from Alya came through.

I gasped. 'Oh no, it's Alya!'

I answer the call. 'Marinette?' Alya says. All my girlfriends from school are also with her.

'Alya, girls, hey!' I replied, still holding Kaalki while all the other Kwamis gather around.

'What do you think of my new squishies? Pretty cute right?' I said trying to sound convincing.

'What squishies?' Alya replied.

'Uh...' I said, looking at Kaalki confused.

'Marinette' Tikki began, 'we're magical creatures, we can't be seen or heard in screens or in photographs.'

'Oh, so that's why I'm not showing up in these magic paintings!' Ziggy replied, still holding my phone.

'Right...so they can only see me and I look completely ridiculous, don't I?' I replied to Tikki quietly through a fake smile.

'Are you feeling okay Marinette?' Alya asked.

I attempted to recover the situation. 'Never better! In fact, this is the perfect time for a chat!' I smiled.

'Did you say new squishies? Show us!' Rose piped up.

'Uh, squishies, what squishies?' I laughed, trying to push the Kwamis out of the way of the screen.

'Wow, how did your friends lock themselves in this picture frame?' Roaar asked.

'This one is cute; I want her as my holder!' Daizzi exclaimed.

'Sorry, she's taken!' Trixx answered her.

'How come Trixx gets to have a holder and we don't?' Mullo whines.

'Marinette, you're acting weirder than usual' Alya said in a concerned voice.

'Oh, I'm fine, it's just a new exercise routine I came up with, good for the arms!' I replied as I still tried to move the Kwamis away from the screen.

'You should get some fresh air, you look overwhelmed!' Mylene added.

Suddenly my phone rang again. Ziggy threw it in surprise and I caught it and looked to see who was calling. 'Luka!' I gasped.

'Awwww!' all the girls replied in unison.

'Of course! It's your lover boy!' Alya replied with a wink.

I blushed. 'I'd better take this. See you later girls!' I said ending the call.

'Luka! Hey, how are you?' I said a bit out of breath from chasing the Kwamis.

'I'm good. Thanks for sending me the pictures of your room. I especially loved the pictures of the blue haired boy on your wall' he replied.

'Oh, yeah! Funny story about that! I'll tell you all about it sometime!' I laughed.

'Well, they look great. But I'd much rather see a picture of you. Speaking of pictures, I'm downstairs already, are you ready to go?'

'Go? Go where?' I answered.

'To the last screening of the Jagged Stone movie. Remember yesterday you had to cancel?'

'Oh, right! Of course! I'll be right down!' I replied as I hung up.

'I can't believe I forgot all about our date!' I said. I quickly went over to my mirror to check I looked okay. 'Ok Tikki, let's go!' I said.

'Can we come too?' Mullo asked.

'Oh no, absolutely not!' I replied. 'All of you need to get back in the miracle box, toot sweet!'

'Oh no, please let us stay out! We promise we won't do anything bad!' Ziggy pleaded.

I sighed. 'Ok, but under no circumstances are you to leave this room! If anyone sees you it would be disastrous!'

'We promise!' the Kwamis said in unison.

Satisfied enough, I hurried down the stairs to greet Luka. On the way I told him all about my disastrous chat with the girls. He understood and thought I was taking on too much responsibility. I was so happy that I had Luka to keep me grounded. He admitted that he worried that I would get hurt saving Paris all the time. I assured him that my suit makes me pretty much invulnerable and promised I would always come back to him.