LUKANETTE S4 - QILIN - PT 3

Outside the Hôtel de Ville, the ticket inspector leads Sabine over to Officer Roger.

Luka had just come out of the hotel after doing his last food delivery for the day and was going back to get his bike when he noticed Sabine with Officer Roger and went over to see what was going on.

'Hey there, Roger, I got a customer for you. No ticket, no money, no ID, and get this, she even made up a family with a daughter and everything!' the inspector scoffs.

'Ah, Roger, perfect timing! Tell this man I'm not lying. Our daughters are together in the same class!' Sabine says to him.

The ticket inspector laughs. 'Seriously? This woman just can't stop lying!'

Luka came and spoke up for her. 'She's telling the truth sir, I know her daughter very well, I'm dating her daughter.'

Roger looks uncomfortable. 'Uh, well the thing is yeah it's the truth but-'

Sabine looked annoyed. 'The truth but, what?'

Roger sighs. 'Well, I'm sorry, Sabine, but you were on the bus without a ticket that's a violation and without ID to boot, you know it's my duty to take you in for an identity check.'

'An identity check? Are you kidding, Roger? We've known each other for years!' Sabine replied, feeling more and more frustrated.

The ticket inspector gasps. 'Watch out, she's getting aggressive! She's getting aggressive!

'The law is the law.' Roger states.

'Please Officer Roger, be reasonable' Luka pleaded.

Sabine's phone began to ring. 'Oh, hang on.'

The ticket inspector starts to panic. 'Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't move! Check her purse!' he says grabbing her bag and passing it to Officer Roger.

'What is wrong with you people? It must be Marinette, I have to answer, she must be worried!' Sabine replied.

'You never know, she might have some dangerous stuff in there!' the inspector cried out.

'You're being ridiculous, Mrs Dupain-Cheng wouldn't hurt anyone!' Luka said.

'Oops.' Roger says, as everything in her bag goes tumbling out onto the ground.

Luka starts to pick it all up.

Sabine groaned. 'Oh, come on! Be careful will you! Between you and your nonsense and him and his nonsense it's... all nonsense!'

'Woah! You need to calm down right now, because you are two inches away from insulting a public official!' Roger warned.

'Yes, that's right. Insult, insult!' the ticket inspector agreed.

'Is there a problem here, Roger?' a guard said as a group of four approached them.

'Yes! I am a victim of an injustice!' Sabine replied.

'You'll speak when asked to, ma'am' a second guard told her.

Roger sighed. 'Sabine, we've been as reasonable as we can about all this, but since you're refusing to cooperate, I have no choice but to do my duty.'

'What? But I haven't done anything!' Sabine says indignantly.

'You're not really helping your case, ma'am!' the ticket inspector replied.

Roger sighed. 'The law is the law.' He takes out a pair of handcuffs.

'Please don't do this officer!' Luka begged, but his plea fell on deaf ears as he put the handcuffs on Sabine's wrists.

Sabine was shocked. 'I don't believe this, are you people humans or robots?' she says as the guards start to lead her away. Luka watches on helplessly.

In Shadowmoth's lair, the lair's window opens up.

'Injustice, abuse of power and blind ignorance. Three powerful plagues that can cause even the most stable of souls to waver.' Shadowmoth turns a butterfly into an Akuma. 'It's our responsibility to tip her over the brink! So, she can become a choice weapon against Ladybug and Cat Noir!' The Akuma flies away.

The Akuma lands onto Sabine's handcuffs.

Shadowmoth speaks to her from his lair: 'Qilin, I am Shadowmoth. They put you in handcuffs despite your innocence. Thanks to me, you can repair this injustice.'

'I refuse to hurt anyone! You can keep your power, you devious insect!' Sabine replies indignantly.

Shadowmoth grins. 'Oh, you're judging me without knowing me, when I'm actually just like you. A victim of misunderstanding. And like you, I don't want to hurt anyone.'

'I don't believe you!' Sabine replies.

'Here's proof. If you accept, I will offer you a mighty power to accomplish your noble mission' Shadowmoth replies.

'So be it! When all the injustices have been righted, peace will prevail!' Sabine replies.

Sabine transforms into Qilin.

Luka tries calling Marinette, but she didn't pick up as she was trying to call her mom.

Marinette reached Sabine's voicemail: "You've reached Sabine Dupain-Cheng's voicemail."

'This is so weird, Tikki. My mom would never have just left me like this' Marinette said sadly.

A horde of police cars pass by Marinette.

Guards in helicopter call out over a loudspeaker: 'You're under arrest! Give yourself up now!'

A strange gust of wind makes the helicopter crash and the guards all run away. 'She's crazy!' one cries.

'Take these handcuffs off me!' she hears a voice.

Marinette gasps. 'Oh no! That sounds like mom! What if she's in trouble?' She hides behind an ad of Adrien Agreste. 'Tikki, spots on!' she says and transforms into Ladybug, and takes out the LadyCam and puts it on.