LUKANETTE S4 - QILIN - PT 2

Back in the art classroom, the class has finished and the room is empty and Sabine packs up her uneaten choquettes in the bakery bag and leaves.

Outside the Collège Françoise Dupont, Sabine walks out and down to a nearby bus station. She turns on her phone, which says 11:05, and calls Marinette.

"Hey mom!"

"Hey sweetie! You have exactly four choquettes to show up."

She hangs up and the bus arrives and Sabine gets on. 'Good day sir. Would you mind if I put this here while I look for my wallet?' She puts down the bag of choquettes.

'Oh wow, choquettes!' the bus driver says.

Sabine smiles. 'A few left over from my class. They're homemade. You'd be doing me a favour by eating them, as long as it doesn't hold up the bus.'

The bus driver smiles. 'Well, if I can be of service to a commuter!' He takes and eats one choquette. 'Mm, exquisite!' He takes another choquette. 'Mmm, delicious!' Takes a third choquette. 'Scrumptious!' Takes one more choquette and starts licking his fingers.

Marinette suddenly arrives out of breath from running.

'EHH! I'm here!' she breathes, leaning on her knees trying to catch her breath.

'This is my daughter Marinette, who I'm certain did not forget her bus ticket' Sabine smiles.

Marinette gasps. 'Oh shoot! Um well- uh huh the thing is- '

'Marinette, I asked you to remember it' Sabine replied.

'Ah it's no biggie I'll just buy one!' she replies, digging into her purse. 'Ahh no I forgot my change!' she said sadly.

'Luckily, I've always got a few spares!' Sabine smiles, holding up two tickets.

'Thanks, super mom!' Marinette replies as she hugs and kisses her mom on the cheek.

Sabine scans their tickets on the scanner and puts them in her wallet as they begin to walk through the aisle.

A passenger is on the phone: "Mhm mhm, look. In terms of the process, when it comes to the re-evaluation of the online-offline products, the market demands a high yield in terms of productivity see what I mean? Mhm."

He is standing in the handicapped area of the bus while a person in a wheelchair is struggling to move.

Sabine walks over to the passenger. 'Hello sir. Would you be so kind as to let this person access the spot that's reserved for their use?'

The passenger replies with a frustrated tone. 'Hey I'm on a conference call here!' – "So, what I was saying- Yeah I mean concomitantly with the situational adaptability, the direct manager should make the negotiable systems converge."

Sabine forms a plan, which shows up in a yellow background with trees, using a traffic light, the rude passenger, a gear on the handicapped person's wheelchair and a paintbrush. Sabine places the paintbrush on the floor in front of the rude passenger.

The rude passenger keeps talking on the phone. "No, no, no we need a strong plan. If we aren't flexible regarding our immobilized relations then we're gonna get cre-." The bus slows and pulls to a stop at a corner, the passenger on the phone trips on the paintbrush Sabine placed on the floor. The person in the wheelchair is moved uncontrollably to the handicapped area.

Sabine smiles. 'Thank you, sir, your sense of civic responsibility is much appreciated.'

The people on the bus quietly clap for Sabine.

Marinette joins them, as she looks to Sabine, surprised then pleased.

'Way to go Mom!' Marinette says.

'I just like standing up for what's right honey' Sabine smiles.

Voice on intercom: "Next stop, Louise Michel."

Marinette spots a florist at the next stop they're approaching on the corner with beautiful bouquets. She gasps.

'That would be perfect for the pres-' She covers her mouth and looks to her mom. 'Uhh, the presentation with Alya! It's a magazine. They're presenting a new magazine with new fashion designs. Can I borrow your wallet? I really have to get it!'

Sabine looks worried. 'Are you sure? I don't think you'll have time to get off and back on during the stop.'

'Sure I will!' Marinette replies, hugging Sabine. 'I'll be so quick, please please please please pleaseee?'

Sabine smiles and nods.

Voice on intercom: "Louise Michel"

Sabine hands Marinette her wallet and Marinette sprints out of the bus.

'Thank you!' Marinette calls.

At the flower shop, Marinette quickly chooses a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

'This one please!' She says, pointing at a flower bouquet with sunflowers, red roses and daisies. 'Hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry!'

Marinette pays and the florist hands her the flower bouquet.

'Um, you're buying a present for your mother with her money?' Tikki asks, confused.

'Yeah, yeah I know but I don't have cash with me, I'll pay her back later.' She looks back and gasps at the bus starting to leave. 'Nooo!' she cries as she runs after the bus. 'Wait! Awww!' She stops and catches her breath.

Inside the bus, Sabine counts down on her fingers five seconds until Marinette calls her.

Voice on intercom: "Next stop, Claire LeCone."

Marinette on her phone: "Mom, the bus left without me!"

Sabine: "I know, honey. I'm on it!"

Marinette: "What do I do now?"

Sabine: "I'll get off the next stop and wait for you. Meet me there!"

Voice on intercom: "Claire LeCone."

The ticket Inspector was at the next stop inspecting tickets. 'Ticket inspection, please!' he said to Sabine.

'Hello, sir. My daughter got off earlier with mine, but we're supposed to meet up at this stop. She shouldn't be too long. Why don't we get off and wait for her together?' Sabine smiles.

The ticket inspector scoffed. 'No one's ever tried that one on me before. Non-payment affairs, that's a 50 euro fine, how will you be paying?'

'Unfortunately, sir, I have no money with me. My daughter has my wallet.' Sabine replied.

'Of course she has, and I suppose you don't have any ID with you either?' the ticket inspector replied.

Sabine replied, 'Well, obviously. I just explained to you that my daughter has my wall...'

'Right! Well, I guess we'll just see at the next stop. But not with your imaginary daughter, but with a real police officer, who's going to take you in!' the inspector replies indignantly.

Sabine was shocked. 'What? But... That's so unfair!'

'What's unfair is committing fraud and stealing from Parisians who do pay for their tickets, ma'am!' the inspector replies.

'Where is she?' Marinette wonders.

'I can't see her Marinette!' Tikki says, carefully scanning the streets as she peeks out of Marinette's purse.